Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stanley Cantilver Roller Toolbox

• 24-06-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone here own this toolbox ? I'm looking at getting this for myself. I have limited space and good few tools. I read mixed reviews of this product but the width of this toolbox and bottom storage is something that will suit my inventory the most. Obviously the downside is that I cannot detach the top and if I put it flat in my boot most likely the little tray in top box will move and mix all the tools that are in it.

I tried to see if they had it in woodies or halfords, but none of these stock it or is able to order it. My local DIY could get it but at 60 euro more than I can get off amazon.

Would appreciate any feedback from someone who owns it or similar product that is worth looking at.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

velomelo wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone here own this toolbox ? I'm looking at getting this for myself. I have limited space and good few tools. I read mixed reviews of this product but the width of this toolbox and bottom storage is something that will suit my inventory the most. Obviously the downside is that I cannot detach the top and if I put it flat in my boot most likely the little tray in top box will move and mix all the tools that are in it.

I tried to see if they had it in woodies or halfords, but none of these stock it or is able to order it. My local DIY could get it but at 60 euro more than I can get off amazon.

Would appreciate any feedback from someone who owns it or similar product that is worth looking at.

Thanks

Aldi has their own "Workzone" tool boxes for 30 euro a few months ago.

They would swallow up a person,they are that big.

They are on wheels and have a large handle that pulls out,so you can pull it along like a luggage case.

A fantastic toolbox (heaps of internal trays and compartments) at a great price indeed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭velomelo

paddy147 wrote: »
    Aldi has their own "Workzone" tool boxes for 30 euro a few months ago.

They would swallow up a person,they are that big.

They are on wheels and have a large handle that pulls out,so you can pull it along like a luggage case.

A fantastic toolbox (heaps of internal trays and compartments) at a great price indeed.:)

Got any photos of that ??

Got any photos of that ??

I do indeed.

I,ll throw up some later on.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Hi,

Thanks

That looks a nice piece of kit alright. But Stanley is always going to be expensive, especially in the likes of Woodies etc. I've seen a nice Irwin toolbox a guy bought online but, it's either a reject or a cheap oriental replica. The quality is just not what you'd expect from Irwin. So be careful!

Also I noticed on that link that it's located in the US. Customs may hold it without an import licence, so again be careful!

As Paddy said, Aldi/Lidl often have tool chests at a fraction of the comparable price for "branded" products. And their German made which is usually good for tools.

Sorry for the delay in pics

Pics of Aldi toolbox...deep enough for a 2 litre bottle of orange to go into it.

Comes complete with 2 large internal trays and a good storage compartments too.Telescopic handle too,for pulling it along behind you.

Not too shabby for 30 euro. ..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭velomelo

Not too bad indeed but don't think this will work for me. I have few tools that I'd like to fit in the bottom tray of the stanley model I am thinking of getting.

The mid section is - just a trade off - not sure what I would keep there but surely I'll find something.

The top would be for all the "regular" tools that I might be using the most. However pity you cannot detach that part for the smaller jobs.

I also thought of this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-195832-Galvanised-Mobile-Centre/dp/B004124Y9G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372768270&sr=8-2&keywords=stanley+galvanised+tool+box

Hi,

Thanks

How about a Black & Decker toolbox???

Reduced in Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7004391/c_1/2%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7Ccat_19805469%7CDIY+tools%2C+ladders+and+workbenches%7C14418713.htm?Price+Cut=1

Advertisement