Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus Question

Options
  • 07-07-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

I have a friend on Erasmus at the moment and they are worried that they have failed an exam.

Ive heard that if you fail Erasmus you can do extra modules next year to make this up but im not sure.

Does anybody know anything about this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Hatch92 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a friend on Erasmus at the moment and they are worried that they have failed an exam.

Ive heard that if you fail Erasmus you can do extra modules next year to make this up but im not sure.

Does anybody know anything about this ?

If they fail one and pass the rest they might take the average of the rest of the grades and it should work out at an overall pass.

Otherwise yes an extra module can be taken or essays written to make up the credits.

It's actually very common for people to fail stuff on erasmus typically because they spend too much time partying etc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

It also can depend on your credits. I failed an exam but had enough credits to get me through just fine. Maybe tell her to e-mail the erasmus co-ordinators and they can tell her where to go from here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I remember when I was on Erasmus 5 years ago in Austria, the credits for modules over there were low compared to UL despite having the same amount of work involved.

Most modules were 3 credits and UL had said that I needed 30 credits to pass the semester.

In the end I came back with around 15 credits or so, but I had told them this well in advance (plus I failed a module too but that mysteriously disappeared from my transcript) and they said it was ok.

Just email them telling them the situation. In my experience with the International office always did anything they could to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I was short a few credits due to the Spanish exams being on in week 2 of the UL spring semester. No way was I missing a few weeks of college so I cleared it with the coordinator in UL and he said to just come back. What normally happens is that the international office get sent a copy of your transcript from the university and if you're short credits, they email you. Just get on to whoever your coordinator is now and ask them how you can make up the credits.

I didn't even have to do anything for mine as long as I held on to my notes to prove i went to classes. Some other people just had to write a little essay about their experience there.

Advertisement