Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSU EGM - 4th July

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If anyone who is unaware of my tenure as ULSU President wishes to see the accusations levelled at me during a period of consultation on a new constitution which began BEFORE my term and was ratified AFTER it, then looks at this...

I always knew I was acting democratically despite my insistence on certain issues making it LOOK like I wasn't, however Houdini couldn't have pulled this off.

The PSU has a constitution. The president may interpret it, they may not disregard it!

I engaged in a lot of interpretation in the name of progress, this is plain disrespect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

I'd like to see him out.

He's unresponsive to my direct emails as well as ignoring all of the other people's attempts to enter discussion.

Not fit for purpose - if he was something I bought in a shop I'd have returned him for my money back at this stage.

Like everything, one would hope that a person new to a position would start as they mean to continue, and if this is the case with Seamus it's time to remove him before he manages to do any real damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Evergreen23

ninty9er wrote: »
    If anyone who is unaware of my tenure as ULSU President wishes to see the accusations levelled at me during a period of consultation on a new constitution which began BEFORE my term and was ratified AFTER it, then looks at this...

I always knew I was acting democratically despite my insistence on certain issues making it LOOK like I wasn't, however Houdini couldn't have pulled this off.

The PSU has a constitution. The president may interpret it, they may not disregard it!

I engaged in a lot of interpretation in the name of progress, this is plain disrespect.

What term were you President or would you like to share your name?

right lads, is there any means of reproach with regards getting this guy out of office?

Hopefully the lads with a stake in the SU and PSU like Ginge etc will figure out a work around to get rid of this parasite

Do the 'lads' in SU have any say with the PSU?

Guy is only new to the office so give him a chance!

"7. The reason for using WordPress is because it will allow for any authorised member of the union to easily update the information contained on the website. Unfortunately one would have to be very computer savvy to update the existing website that was built with the assistance of a web designer, and for that reason proves very difficult to edit/update. We will be migrating the WordPress site to the ulpsu.ie domain in the very near future, and will retain the existing website on ulpsu.ie under a subdomain."

So, it's grand to waste PSU funds when it suits? Surely it would be possible to figure out how to use the previous site since so much effort was put in to making it.

Agree 100%!!!

I raised this issue at the beginning of April last and Gingeyoung replied:

"The website I can tell you is in the works as we speak".
    "There will be a website in place before the end of the summer"

I just checked and the website is still under construction, so Gingeyoung was wrong.

The previous President Leanne Lilly included in her manifesto that she would create a new website and had a year to do this. Whole thing is a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

The previous President Leanne Lilly included in her manifesto that she would create a new website and had a year to do this. Whole thing is a shambles.

The website was launched in June I believe, it went through a year of testing and changes before being implemented. It was quite good (though a year is a long time until it was created) and had information. It was taken down within a month by the current PSU president and a new website was rushed (which is his current style), isn't complete and lacks basic information (but the president page on the about us section is complete).

Derek Daly is Ninety9er, he was ULSU president from 2010-2011 and Welfare Officer from 2008-2010 - http://www.ulsu.ie/about/about-the-union/int/previousofficers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Do the 'lads' in SU have any say with the PSU?

Guy is only new to the office so give him a chance!

He's been given many chances and ignored them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

What term were you President or would you like to share your name?

His name is in his profile... and there's a listing of past SU sabbats here: http://www.ulsu.ie/about/about-the-union/int/previousofficers

Advertisement