Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Sunday free parking for Heuston Station?

• 23-02-2008 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

aiming to park sunday from 0730 to 1900 for a train in and out of heuston, is parking free on sundays accross street from taxis, any tips appreciated, or should i park accross river, footbridge:), 3 boys under 6 in tow.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Maybe park at the end of the Phoenix Park and walk to the station. It's just under 600 metres according to Gmaps Pedometer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

aiming to park sunday from 0730 to 1900 for a train in and out of heuston, is parking free on sundays accross street from taxis, any tips appreciated, or should i park accross river, footbridge:), 3 boys under 6 in tow.......

There is only a handful of spaces across from the taxi rank there so it may be tight getting one. I'd suggest the Park as well if it's free you want, you may also get a spot on Parkgate Street. One word of caution, a lot of city centre spaces are charged from 2 to 6PM on Sundays so it may be a futile exercise.

When it's on the top of my head, I paid €5 for a Saturday in Connolly before; I'd suspect Heuston may be likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hamndegger wrote: »
    There is only a handful of spaces across from the taxi rank there so it may be tight getting one. I'd suggest the Park as well if it's free you want, you may also get a spot on Parkgate Street. One word of caution, a lot of city centre spaces are charged from 2 to 6PM on Sundays so it may be a futile exercise.

When it's on the top of my head, I paid €5 for a Saturday in Connolly before; I'd suspect Heuston may be likewise.
    Thats only a very small are from Parnell Square to St. Stephen's Green and surrounding areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Victor wrote: »
    Thats only a very small are from Parnell Square to St. Stephen's Green and surrounding areas.

No it's further than that. I don't park or drive in town at all, but hd occasion to about 6 months ago.It goes out as far as Thomas St. and the canal at Mespil road. If it has a yellow band on the parking sign, then it's the city centre 'peak' rate, well, for those areas, could be red in and around O'Connell st. etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tampopo wrote: »
    No it's further than that. I don't park or drive in town at all, but hd occasion to about 6 months ago.It goes out as far as Thomas St. and the canal at Mespil road. If it has a yellow band on the parking sign, then it's the city centre 'peak' rate, well, for those areas, could be red in and around O'Connell st. etc
    Sigh. :(

The Yellow zone only indicates price, not hours. Ranelagh has paid parking until I think midnight most day, even though its not in the yellow zone

The details are here: http://www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/getting_around/by_car/parking/park_legally_in_dublin_city.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Sorry for making you sigh Victor, I should not have posted there at all, I know little about the parking restrictions. please accept my humblest apologies

35k posts
    mod of Commuting and Transport.

duh, what was I thinking. I wasn't, in fact

Advertisement