Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

star wars on sky movies

• 18-05-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Recently downloaded all six star wars movies and only got around to watching 20 mins of one of them.
    Just sat down to watch them and they're gone from my planner.
    Sky have just confirmed that they took them back and now will only sell them to me via sky store even though I pay a movie subscription.
    What an absolute con.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,316 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Have a word with them on their "talk to" forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭argentum

thanks I tried to but the mobile site wouldn't allow me.I try now I'm at home

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

argentum wrote: »
    Recently downloaded all six star wars movies and only got around to watching 20 mins of one of them.
    Sky have just confirmed that they took them back and now will only sell them to me via sky store even though I pay a movie subscription.
    What an absolute con.

That's one of the reasons why i'll never pay for Sky Movies, it used to be great back in the early 90s but there are far better and cheaper alternatives than Sky Movies. Had Sky movies all the way from 1990 to 2003, then decided i'd drop the movies for a month and never got them back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭zac8

Gonzo wrote: »
    That's one of the reasons why i'll never pay for Sky Movies, it used to be great back in the early 90s but there are far better and cheaper alternatives than Sky Movies. Had Sky movies all the way from 1990 to 2003, then decided i'd drop the movies for a month and never got them back!

I'd have the complete opposite opinion on that. I think Sky Movies has really come into its own with On Demand. Before that you had access to a small selection of movies on repeat, but now you have access to over a 1000 anytime. I still think its poor value if you pay the full amount (28 euro?) but as a 9 euro extra for me with Sky Sports I think it's great value - far better than NetFlix for movies which I also have.

As for the OP, I recorded the 3 originals when they aired for 2 days and just watched one on Monday and it was fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

I purchased episode 4 to episode 6 films on sky buy/keep as the first 3 episodes are terrible
    I never subscribe to sky movies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

argentum wrote: »
    What an absolute con.

In fairness, it's not.

As a general rule, all on demand content has an 'expiry date'.

In this instance, there was a big deal made of Star Wars being released in HD electronic format for the first time, it's available for purchase on Amazon right now for £59 (about €85). It's a big ask to get €85 worth of brand-new product as part of your regular subscription.

It was fantastic that Sky Movies were able to screen it at all, even if it was for a very limited period.

Also, concur with Zac8; Sky subscription services is infinitely better than Netflix. I got a very good deal on it and wouldn't pay full whack for Sky Movies, but I am never going back to Netflix ever again, it's pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

ftakeith wrote: »
    I purchased episode 4 to episode 6 films on sky buy/keep as the first 3 episodes are terrible
    I never subscribe to sky movies

You were ripped off.

Advertisement