Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flys and tips for rainbow lake

Options
  • 09-09-2011 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all

I asked in my last thread about lakes for newbies and thanks to the replys and recommendations Ive got a day organised for myself in

http://www.irishfishingbreaks.com/

Obviously different lakes fish differently. But can anyone give me some suggestions (bare in mind this is my first year fly fishing) of flys to use and more importantly maybe some tricks or techniques to use on lakes stocked with rainbow trout.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Hi,

When we were up there a Blue dun (dry) was taking fish. Black Comorant(Wet), Bloodworm Buzzer, Dandy-long (Dry) were taking bites.

Enjoy !

Advertisement