Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get frost plugs in Dublin?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Any idea where I'd get frost plugs for a 2.4 turbo diesel Volvo engine from a 94 940 in Dublin?
    I'd imagine it's the same as the VW diesels??

I'm looking for a place that carries stock and not somewhere that would order it in.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

corglass wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Any idea where I'd get frost plugs for a 2.4 turbo diesel Volvo engine from a 94 940 in Dublin?
    I'd imagine it's the same as the VW diesels??

I'm looking for a place that carries stock and not somewhere that would order it in.

Thanks

Those engines are too old now to expect a range of parts off the shelf, unless someone has them left over i'm fairly sure they'll have to be ordered in by any motor factors you go to.
    You might get service parts off the shelf if you're lucky but probably not something like that.

It's basically the same design but volvo made the ones in the volvos not VW, so i couldnt say for sure if they're exactly the same when it comes to those parts. The old D24 non turbo looks almost identical to the VW version but the later intercooled final version of the D24T is a little more evolved i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Ashgrove interparts had frost plugs in stock last time i needed one (2009) maybe they still do, i can't imagine they are a quick seller.

although at the time they just has quite a large box full of possibly hundreds of plugs and i had to root through it with a vernier calipers trying to find the one i wanted.

Advertisement