Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i get a good master for deviling?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Im about to start Kings and really should have looked into this months ago, but i wasnt sure if id pass the entrance exams.

Oviously getting a busy master is essential, so how do i approach them, is it informal, or should i send a letter and cv first, and then follow up with a call?

Also how do i find out who are good? Im not from dublin so its not as easy to find out via word of mouth.

Thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Ask around. I asked past lecturers who were barristers, told them my interests and they pointed me in the right direction. Then it was a matter of sending out emails en masse and phonecalls until I got a good one... and I got a very good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Contacts,

friends currently in practice,

cold calling from lawlibrary master list (the inns should have a copy of it), masters are used to getting cold called.

Advertisement