Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

04 Nissan Primera GPS

Options
  • 21-02-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just bought a 04 Nissan Primera 2.2 and happy with it except the fact that it has a button on the centre console for "MAPS". Normally this wouldn't be an issue but the fact the car doesn't have GPS :confused:.

Does anyone know if you can add GPS to the car and wher could I get the maps.

Before anyone starts I know it would be cheaper to buy a seperate GPS unit but that is not the question I am asking.

Another question while I am on a roll is, is it possible to add cruise control to the car?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

im sure you can add the sat nav as per the OEM set up but it would be expensive and a lot of work, but since you already know that, its not an issue.

i agree in that i would rather have OEM set up for neatness sake.

if its anything like the BMW system, all you have to do it source the correct parts including CD/DVD drive, antenna and brains to run it. you already have the Screen in the car so thats half the battle as the BMW system, the most expensive part is sourcing the widescreen monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

RE: the cruise control, I think there's an electronic throttle on the car so it should be possible. Spal do a retrofit cruise control that's fitted by ICE in Ranelagh.

http://www.icesecurity.com/

Think it costs in the region of E600

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Thanks lads, to be honest I was expecting the usual smart arse answers. I am amazed that I got the real answers straight away.
    The sat nav sounds like a bigger job than I thought it would be.
    Cruis control sounds very expensive. Added it to a golf before and it was nowhere near that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Some of the golfs are prewired for cruise control so you only need to replace the indicator switch and update the software. Ring ICE anyway they're probably quiet enough these days and may do you a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gerard58

Hi there, Sat Nav can be installed, it will be remote control operated and you can also buy 2010 Xanavi DVD maps for it. The Sat Nav system is expensive €3,000 (crazy money I know) after 2005 it was discontinued as a factory fitted system and replaced with leather seat as standard on the T spec model. you wont be able to install cruise control unfortunantly, not unless you replace the cars ECU and steering wheel wiring loom. this would probably cost more than the car is worth.
    the Sat Nav is very cool, I got it in my P12, it took Nissan a whole day to fit it. the dash had to be taken apart and the front passenger seat will have to be taken out to install the Dvd cd rom unit. Hope this helps :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Thanks Gerard. I think I will give it a miss at that proce but nice to know it can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

toe_knee wrote: »
    Thanks Gerard. I think I will give it a miss at that proce but nice to know it can be done

Here ye go http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-birdview-navigation_topic51425_page10.html

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'm sure the OP is sorted 18 months on.

Hi Bazz, with the cost of the nissan disc running around 350 eur and this one is a free download and burn there's a good chance if it doesn't help him it will help others seeking a sat nav solution for any nissan car/jeep. The site tht the topic points to is www.gpsunderground.com where there's upgrades for all manner and makes of Sat Nav's.

Anyone else that needs nissan stuff there's a irish nissan owners club website www.inoc.ie and there's a couple of nissan parts guys on the site that will happily check part prices and availability for members....

Advertisement