Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Analog => Digital

Options
  • 07-09-2004 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi All,

A friend of mine has a Sky Analogue set-up. I'm going to help in changing it to a Sky Digital FTA set-up but with an option to get a subscription at a later stage if needed. I'm assuming this is all I need to do -

[1] Dish - Leave as is because it's pretty new and is 80 cm model, just re-align it to 28.2 degrees instead of 19.2 degrees.
    [2] LNB - Not sure if I need to change this or not but guessing I need to change it.
    [3] Cabling - Think this should be ok assuming the same cable is used for both.
    [4] Reciever - change this to a Sky Digibox, remove the analogue reciever.

The only real doubt I have is with the LNB, I presuming I need to change this to digital LNB but I'n not 100% sure, I have a spare digital lnb left over from when I put on a Quad to my mini dish but will that be OK for an 80 cm dish ?

Your wisdom & advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

willg wrote:
    Hi All,

er.

The only real doubt I have is with the LNB, I presuming I need to change this to digital LNB but I'n not 100% sure, I have a spare digital lnb left over from when I put on a Quad to my mini dish but will that be OK for an 80 cm dish ?

Cheers

If the lnb is universal then it should be ok, if you are not sure do a scan and see if it picks up stations above 11.750. I'm afraid the sky lnb us deigned to work with a sky dish and will not give you optimum reception on an 80cm dish.

Good luck

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭willg

Tony,

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a shot. Out of interest what would be the cost of a universal LNB should I need to get one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

willg wrote:
    Tony,

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a shot. Out of interest what would be the cost of a universal LNB should I need to get one ?

Why not look at his site!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭willg

Cheers thanks for that Greenman .. much appreciated.

Advertisement