Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking365

Options
  • 05-06-2005 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

I have my PIN but can't log in, where do ya get your 6digit user ID>?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

I've emailed them a few times to tell them that there's a problem with the login form but they're just ignoring me. I only manage to log-in successfully about 10% of the time despite the fact that I'm entering the correct details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

A six digit user ID has to be requested from banking365. You will need this, your PIN and your security details to hand when logging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

You have to ring them to activate online banking and they send you out the pin. If you enter the wrong pin three times then you have to ring them and get a new one. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I have my PIN but can't log in, where do ya get your 6digit user ID>?

Ring them up and they should give it to you. Your Pin neeeds to remain secret but your ID doesn't. You'll have to go through a security check of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

kstanl wrote:
    I've emailed them a few times to tell them that there's a problem with the login form but they're just ignoring me. I only manage to log-in successfully about 10% of the time despite the fact that I'm entering the correct details.
    No such problems here. Only time I fail to log in is when I type it improperly.

That said, I don't remember which phone number I gave them, so I have to keep refreshing the form until the DOB field appears :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

kstanl wrote:

I'd imagine their ignoring you because their's nothing wrong with the login page, the only time I've seen it not working is when its down for maintence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

kstanl wrote:

Simply not true. I've been using the site almost 3 years with varying browsers/versions and the only time I've had problems is when I've put in my contact number incorrectly.
    If you're having problems you might have some malware or something running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Yep. No problems with logon with banking 365.

Of course BOI are money robbing bastards compared to the likes of NIB, PTSB and Rabobank so I'm shifting my business over.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

been using it for years, probably since it first came out and when part of your password was your favorite movie. :)

Never had any problems with it.

As for BOI, I am also moving money slowly but surely out of it. While the internet access is nice, the fees, the impersonal attitude I get (until they checked my balance) and the fact they are fast on taking money I owe them but slow when I pay my CC to clear it (so they get the money and the interest). Also changing rules from branch to branch and cancelling my agreements with them without ever telling me they would do so. For example I got a standing order done, changed it twice over the years. Went to get a second one last year and was refused saying I would have to open another account. When I mentioned the other standing order they were going to cancel it there and then until I said I would close my account and then they said they would leave it but would not give me any new standing order.

Yeah, sorry. It's not Banking365 I'm using. It's the AIB online banking. Definitely a problem with their logon form. I'm a programmer so my clerical accuracy is pretty much spot on and I frequently do malware checks on my PC so that's not it either. Their login form is just fooked.

• Advertisement

Hobbes wrote:
    been using it for years, probably since it first came out and when part of your password was your favorite movie. :)

Never had any problems with it.

As for BOI, I am also moving money slowly but surely out of it. While the internet access is nice, the fees, the impersonal attitude I get (until they checked my balance) and the fact they are fast on taking money I owe them but slow when I pay my CC to clear it (so they get the money and the interest). Also changing rules from branch to branch and cancelling my agreements with them without ever telling me they would do so. For example I got a standing order done, changed it twice over the years. Went to get a second one last year and was refused saying I would have to open another account. When I mentioned the other standing order they were going to cancel it there and then until I said I would close my account and then they said they would leave it but would not give me any new standing order.

Yeah seriously....only reason I stay with the feckers is that I like 365.
    Their branches, staff and general attitude to lowly customers are horrible and their fees are a matter for the gardaí IMO.
    I mean when you're getting charged 28c for the privilege of paying your CC bill and then it takes 3 days to f**king clear, or even 28c for a lowly pass withdrawal it's definitely time to vote with your feet.
    (sorry for OT post but stuff like this annoys the hell out of me)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

kstanl wrote:
    Yeah, sorry. It's not Banking365 I'm using. It's the AIB online banking. Definitely a problem with their logon form. I'm a programmer so my clerical accuracy is pretty much spot on and I frequently do malware checks on my PC so that's not it either. Their login form is just fooked.

Working fine for me. Even did a transfer yesterday with no hiccups

Calibos wrote:
    Working fine for me. Even did a transfer yesterday with no hiccups

Well it's not working for me (just the log-in). I normally get in on the 5th or 6th attempt. Once I'm in it works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

I use this on a regular basis also and have never experienced any problems. Not much help to you though...

I would imagine it's just me then :eek: But I'm definitely not imagining it. I've tried on loads of different PC's too and it's been happening to me as long as I've been using the service. I reported the error to AIB but they never replied to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Wertz wrote:
    Yeah seriously....only reason I stay with the feckers is that I like 365.
    Their branches, staff and general attitude to lowly customers are horrible and their fees are a matter for the gardaí IMO.
    I mean when you're getting charged 28c for the privilege of paying your CC bill and then it takes 3 days to f**king clear, or even 28c for a lowly pass withdrawal it's definitely time to vote with your feet.
    (sorry for OT post but stuff like this annoys the hell out of me)

Wow. Never realised they were so expensive, 28c is pretty expensive fot an atm withdrawal. Thank god my a/c is still classified as a free account from my college days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

skywalker wrote:
    Wow. Never realised they were so expensive, 28c is pretty expensive fot an atm withdrawal. Thank god my a/c is still classified as a free account from my college days. :)

Ah you have to love free student banking. Which is very nice to have with Banking365 too. All I'm missing is a debit card now...

TimTim wrote:
    Ah you have to love free student banking. Which is very nice to have with Banking365 too. All I'm missing is a debit card now...

Yeah and you see that's where they suck you in. I had a free student account with them for 3 years...then one day I get a letter informing me that I would now be charged current account fees. At the time they were pretty low (pre €) but the last year or two they've just gotten so exorbitant, but I know all my account numbers, PINs, access codes etc. and to have to learn them all again for a new account elsewhere is an incovenience...
    Then again so is paying €50+ per year in fees whilst not getting s**t for interest. Not saying there shouldn't be fees, but I think if you keep a reasonable balance in a current account, the combined interest they cream off should pay the administrative fees a few times over...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Wertz wrote:
    Yeah and you see that's where they suck you in. I had a free student account with them for 3 years...then one day I get a letter informing me that I would now be charged current account fees. At the time they were pretty low (pre €) but the last year or two they've just gotten so exorbitant, but I know all my account numbers, PINs, access codes etc. and to have to learn them all again for a new account elsewhere is an incovenience...
    Then again so is paying €50+ per year in fees whilst not getting s**t for interest. Not saying there shouldn't be fees, but I think if you keep a reasonable balance in a current account, the combined interest they cream off should pay the administrative fees a few times over...

Exactly. Im awaiting the day that letter arrives. Straight off to permanentTSB then I reckon. I remember paying something like €40 a year in a/c fees before I was a 3rd level student with NIB. Never again I tells ya. Or at least not for as long as I can help it.

On the pins numbers thing. Surely you can get em changed to whatever ya want?

What are TSB like for online banking?

skywalker wrote:
    Exactly. Im awaiting the day that letter arrives. Straight off to permanentTSB then I reckon. I remember paying something like €40 a year in a/c fees before I was a 3rd level student with NIB. Never again I tells ya. Or at least not for as long as I can help it.

On the pins numbers thing. Surely you can get em changed to whatever ya want?

What are TSB like for online banking?

The Banking365 access numbers and PIN both have 6 digits and are non-user definable. Account numbers are 9-10 digit and are set by the bank also. It's only recently that they made it so you could transfer all your details and standing orders across to a competitor.

I too would like to know what PTSB's online set up is like as they would be likely my next choice when I finally bite the bullet and move...

• Advertisement
Advertisement