Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a good web design company?

Options
  • 13-02-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good web design company who are reasonably priced? I am dealing with one well known web design company in Dublin at the moment but I find they are very slow to get the work done.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

JoeFlood wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good web design company who are reasonably priced? I am dealing with one well known web design company in Dublin at the moment but I find they are very slow to get the work done.

Thanks

Joe. There are plenty of web designers on here that might be a good match.

Can you give a little more detail about your project?

You might be better off posting in the Work Wanted thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055802922&page=28

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JoeFlood

Thanks for the reply devildriver.

I have a few websites that need work, from developing mobile optimized website to odd jobs here and there. Ideally I would rather deal with an agency rather than a freelancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I am dealing with one well known web design company in Dublin at the moment but I find they are very slow to get the work done.

Most agencies will have varying hourly rates depending on the importance of the ticket you submit. Ask about their ticketing system and see if you can pay a bit more to get the work done faster.

Just remember that you're not their only client, and that no matter what agency you go with, this will be the case.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

I have a few websites that need work, from developing mobile optimised website to odd jobs here and there. Ideally I would rather deal with an agency rather than a freelancer.

Why not both?

An agency, based on my experience, won't want to work on your 'odd jobs here and there'. If they do, it'll be done slowly and worked in around bigger projects.

These odd jobs would probably suit a freelancer better (and most likely work out cheaper).

As for the 'developing a mobile optimised website' bit, I'm sure the agency would be up to that. It sounds like it has a bigger budget and could be worth their time.

Could you perhaps provide more information? What will this new website do? Is it brochure, e-commerce etc. Can you give an example of some of the 'odd jobs'?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Thanks for the reply devildriver.

I have a few websites that need work, from developing mobile optimized website to odd jobs here and there. Ideally I would rather deal with an agency rather than a freelancer.

To echo what Konfusion and Smash have said above a good freelancer would probably be able to offer more flexibility and quick turnaround than an agency. And would also probably be better on price. IT all depends on how long your particular piece of string is! :)

If the project is larger in scale then you will probably need the extra manpower and project management of an agency.

If you prioritise your needs, which you have already mentioned then you should be able to decide between a freelance and agency.

- Cost
    - Turnaround time
    - Flexibility
    - Scale

Like the old adage, "Fast, cheap, good - pick two!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement