Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Leave

Options
  • 11-05-2011 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am currently off work on sick leave. I have a doctors cert which I have sent to my employer. My question is while I am on sick leave how much contact do I have to have with my boss. He has rang me a good few times over the last two days is he able to do this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

It depends really... were you being rang to sort out your absence and sick leave details..
    If it's work related questions he should be keeping these calls to a minimum....I've had to in the past but only did it when my back was to the wall.

You could of course be out when he rings... you're on sick leave not house arrest.

As with all other employee/manager issues balance is the key.... He shouldn't abuse the fact that you are willing to speak to him, nor should you feel the need to completely ignore him..

Advertisement