Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Choice Quiz Script with scoring

Options
  • 01-02-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Looking for some guidance on where to find an easy-to-use script (preferably php) that will allow me to create a branched quiz/survey with a score for each answer.

E.g.

Question 01: Mutiple Choice
    A (5 points)
    B (10 points)
    C (1 point)

where the end score can send the user to a particular page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Look up using multiple choice in PHP.

There are tutorials in PHP which demonstrate using various ways of input (check boxes drop down boxes etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Thanks FSL.

Just got more details on this project and as usual the deadline and budget means that I have to find a quick and dirty solution for this.

I've been looking at various online solutions such as Zoho Survey, Polldaddy and Typeform but it seems to be difficult to find one that supports branching and scoring.

So what I need is one that has a series of multiple choice questions where each choice carries a score.

At the end of the survey the scores are calculated and a score of less than 10 will send the user to page A and a score of more than 10 will send the user to page B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Would be fairly simple to do if its just a once off quiz.

Set some globals say

var full = 10;
    var half = 5;
    var fail = 1;
    var score = 0;

have your q and answer

var qone = 'this is a question';

var a = 'option 1';
    var b = 'option 2';
    var c = 'option 3';

then use some if's to determine the score.

if(userclicked option a)
    {score = 10}

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Thanks off the walls.

The project grew legs although the deadline didn't change! I ended up building the whole thing in Expression Engine as the requirements became more complex.

Advertisement