Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair ID

Options
  • 06-05-2005 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Need to know if anyones travelled to the UK with ryanair recently, I've lost my passport and it may be difficult getting one in time for June.

I have a *Provisional* drivers licence, will that get me in? My friend works with a different airline and they would accept it but we all know ryanair :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Yeah they'll take the provisional.

I use mine all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I love you!

apply for the passport as soon as you can though, Passport Express is about €7 dearer iirc and only takes 2 weeks. iirc again :)

Will do, what's iirc?

if i remember correctly. pretty sure if you apply soon you'll be grand. Be 100% sure that everything is there though, cause the queues at the Passport office are about 4 hours long during may and june!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Hi all,

Need to know if anyones travelled to the UK with ryanair recently, I've lost my passport and it may be difficult getting one in time for June.

I have a *Provisional* drivers licence, will that get me in? My friend works with a different airline and they would accept it but we all know ryanair :confused:
    *sigh* - did you check Ryanair's website?
    A valid European Economic Area (EEA) driving licence with photo presented by an EEA national IS ONLY ACCEPTABLE for travel on domestic flights i.e. internal flights within the UK, internal flights within Italy and UK-Republic of Ireland-UK routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd be careful. I know a friend had to miss a funeral in England as they didn't have a passport and were travelling to the UK. You'll get a passport well before June. Pasport Express takes two weeks (ten working days) and I got mine exactly when I was meant to. New Passports are cool looking. No way of faslifying them now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Larianne wrote:
    No way of faslifying them now!

Really? Anyone need a passport? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, the new ones anyway. The photograph is now printed onto card, whereas before it was the photo stuck onto of the page. And also, where the details are, date of birth etc.. another copy of your picture is, how do I describe it..., basically the page is purferrated with tiny holes to make out your picture and when you hold it up to the light the image is visiable. Sort like money, if ya catch my driff..

Deadly looking. :D

*sigh* - did you check Ryanair's website?

Hey I'm not ssure what you're saying here, but it's important, did you notice I starred the provisional bit?

Basically I knew a full licence gets ya through - I just need to know if a provisional is ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Basically I knew a full licence gets ya through - I just need to know if a provisional is ok
    It should be OK.

If you reall, really need a passport, you can get one same (or usually next) day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

provisional works fine.
    also an age card.
    also a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

make sure your provisional is not out of date or they wont except it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

make sure your provisional is not out of date or they wont except it

very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ah they're lovely in Ryanair, I sweet talked my way onto a flight after my passport was nicked. I showed them a few bills and they let me on. I am teh secks though and the scottish Airhostess couldn't resist ;)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

passport office can be very accomodating if you tell them it is an emergency. pity about the queues, but you may as well just go down and get it over with. They'll have you sorted out within a few days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

passport office can be very accomodating if you tell them it is an emergency. pity about the queues, but you may as well just go down and get it over with. They'll have you sorted out within a few days.

Indeed they can, I went down to the one in Cork and got my passport in 2hrs last March :D
    Its amazing what a letter from a big multinational company saying I need it for company business does.... :cool:

Advertisement