Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[news] Ryanair's 150 millionth Passenger Checks in at JLA

Options
  • 08-08-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Here's one for the anit-Ryanair amoungst you to mull over.
    Ryanair’s 150 millionth Passenger Checks in at JLA
    04 Aug 2006

Ryanair today celebrated carrying its 150 millionth passenger across its entire European network, since it began flying in July 1985 and the surprised individual was travelling through Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Ciara Blanshard aged 12 was the lucky passenger checking-in for the Murcia flight from Liverpool and was greeted by Everton Coach Kevin Sheedy, Andy Gower from Liverpool John Lennon Airport and Caroline Boardman of Ryanair to announce that she was the passenger who would make history!

To help mark the occasion, Ryanair presented The Blanshard family with 11 pairs of tickets - 1 for each of the 11 additional new routes that Ryanair will commence from Liverpool in October 2006. Ryanair currently fly to 22 destinations from JLA but with the introduction of the new routes it will mean a total of 33 destinations on offer from the Irish airline.

Ciara from Moreton who is an Everton fan, was travelling with her family to Murcia for a week away. The Blanshards are frequent users of JLA and were delighted with their free flights to an exciting and diverse range of destinations. Ryanair will shortly be flying to Aberdeen and Inverness in Scotland, Alghero on the Italian island of Sardinia, Ancona on Italy's Adriatic coast, Kaunas in Lithuania, Krakow, Poznan and Wroclaw in Poland, Santander and Santiago in northern Spain and Tampere in Finland.

JLA has seen record breaking passengers that can be attributed to the increased number of new services to a variety of destinations on offer from Ryanair and other airlines. A total of 484,000 passengers travelled through the airport in July, which is a massive 9.5% increase compared to July 2005.

Robin Tudor, General Manager Corporate and Community Affairs at JLA said:

“It is fitting that Ryanair's 150 millionth passenger was travelling though Liverpool as here at the airport we have also seen tremendous growth rates in recent years. We are delighted that Ryanair are continuing to increase the number of destinations on offer from Liverpool to serve our record breaking number of passengers.”

To celebrate their 150 millionth passenger, Ryanair is giving away 1.5 million seats for just 1p excluding taxes and changes, until Midnight on Monday on www.ryanair.com and they advise passengers to book early as demand will be very strong.

Edited to add 'news' to the title so the the two immediate posters below realise I'm only relaying information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

What's your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

What's your point?
    DITTO

Wtf OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭JohnnySideburns

What's your point?

I'd say it's something to do with Michael O'Leary renaiging on the promise of free flights for life for Ryanairs 1 millionth passenger which was in the headlines a few years ago.

I'd say it's something to do with Michael O'Leary renaiging on the promise of free flights for life for Ryanairs 1 millionth passenger which was in the headlines a few years ago.
    That did spring to mind Johnny, but I don't think that was BT's point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I think the point is that 150 million people can't be wrong :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Didn't he renege on that 1mil passenger free flights thing. Apparently she actually wanted to use her flights on a daily basis. I seem to remember that she worked in London and did a daily commute or something.

As far as I can remember it all ended up in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

To help mark the occasion, Ryanair presented The Blanshard family with 11 pairs of tickets - 1 for each of the 11 additional new routes that Ryanair will commence from Liverpool in October 2006. Ryanair currently fly to 22 destinations from JLA but with the introduction of the new routes it will mean a total of 33 destinations on offer from the Irish airline.

Hmmm, giving a family pairs of tickets ..... I wonder who pays the taxes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

What's your point?
    abetarrush wrote:
    DITTO
    Wtf OP?
    There wasn't a point at all. I, like I have done on many an occassion here, simply posted up a news article.

You might like to mull over it, you might not.

The reason I mentioned 'anti-Ryanair amoungst you' was purely down to the number of posts we as a community on boards seem to get pointing out the negative aspect of Ryanair, mind you we all know how people don't go out of their way to report something postive or as such non-negative.

If there was a point to be made then I'd say congratulations to Ryanir on their 150,000,000 customer. Simple as.

Ps. Haven't you seen other people post up news articles here before? Not everyone is making a point, they are simply passing on information. Open your eyes.

Stimpyone wrote:
    Didn't he renege on that 1mil passenger free flights thing. Apparently she actually wanted to use her flights on a daily basis. I seem to remember that she worked in London and did a daily commute or something.

As far as I can remember it all ended up in court.

It ended up in court alright after they refused to carry her FOC in 2002. The woman, Jane O'Keeffe, was awarded 67,500 euro in court. I'd take that over the free flights!

In other threads you give out to folk who ask questions, as they haven't researched, but then you post articles which are as freely available.

That's a bit of a double standard is it not?

Saying something along the lines of
    Bluetonic wrote:
    ...for the anit-Ryanair amoungst you to mull over
    would indicate to those of us who use the English language properly that there was a point to your posting which, clearly, there wasn't. Hence my asking what was the point.
    Bluetonic wrote:
    There wasn't a point at all.

So really all you're doing is enlarging your e-cock?

As for others posting news articles here, they normally tag them meaning I can ignore the thread. You however did not, until you were called on it.

• Advertisement

In other threads you give out to folk who ask questions, as they haven't researched, but the you post articles which are as freely available.
    ....would indicate to those of us who use the English language properly that there was a point to your posting which, clearly, there wasn't.

I'm sure any further correspondence can be carried out via PM. I hope you don't feel the need to post off topic anymore.

Congarts to Ryanair anyhow, don't you agree?

Bluetonic wrote:

I'm sure any further correspondence can be carried out via PM. I hope you don't feel the need to post off topic anymore.

Congarts to Ryanair anyhow, don't you agree?
    You're quite correct Bluetonic, and I humbly apologise for my typo and for wantonly dragging the thread off topic in order to respond to your post.

Congarts (sic) to Ryanair, 150,000,000 is indeed an impressive number of passengers. Long live the revolution.

Advertisement