Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 3- Score Challenges! Ver. 3.0.4

Options
  • 18-01-2011 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Ok might as well get another one going.

Picked the song from the shower this morning so not much thought put into it :D

This weeks challenge is :

Plush by Stone Temple Pilots on vocals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

win.

122,232 - 100% - Hard

my first ever rockband vocals effort :D how do you deploy overdrive??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I've no mic so I prolly won't be able to try this ;_;

118,883 on expert, 97%

still dont understand overdrive, although i managed to deploy once that time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah vocal overdrive is a real bone of contention for me :mad:

It's about the only thing Guitar Hero got right imo by letting you activate it with a button press. I find in rock band it's very unreliable to trigger. Either shout into the mic "Wooooooooooooo" or tap the mic on ur hand, when you see the que for it yellow at the bottom of the track,

I find it either gets triggered by accident or I get put off my stride triggering it. Likely it's poor technique on my part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah vocal overdrive is a real bone of contention for me :mad:

It's about the only thing Guitar Hero got right imo by letting you activate it with a button press. I find in rock band it's very unreliable to trigger. Either shout into the mic "Wooooooooooooo" or tap the mic on ur hand, when you see the que for it yellow at the bottom of the track,

I find it either gets triggered by accident or I get put off my stride triggering it. Likely it's poor technique on my part.

No it ain't. Like you said, it's just poorly implemented, simple as!! It should be much easier.

Hope to enter this, although I'm a poor singer.

Konata, you can use the chat microphone that comes with the Xbox, just in case you didn't know!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Konata, I left a microphone at your house during the week. There's one in your room :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm fairly certain you took it again... all you seem to have left behind is a t-shirt and a dirty sock >_<

There is so much material for EPIC innuendo here I'm not sure were to start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

calex71 wrote: »
    There is so much material for EPIC innuendo here I'm not sure were to start :D

He probably looks fairly silly walking around with just a pair of pants on and one dirty sock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

! Er, I spent a few days of my Christmas break FCing every song in RB3 on Vocals, so I suppose I have a bit of an unfair advantage here. :p

I shout "woo!" into the microphone to activate overdrive too. Usually does the trick! There are some activation windows that you simply have to pause the game for, though, to give you an extra bit of time. They're too short to be activated any other way.

exp 148,867

Advertisement