Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keeping money from laser card thiefs and fraudsters

Options
  • 21-02-2010 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

i heard before that its a good idea that if you have a few quid in your current account that you should move it to a savings account or something like that and just transfer between the accounts as you think you'll need it to pay direct debits or that so that if your held up and robbed at knife point you dont have to worry about telling the chap your pin code and him taking ALLLLL your money and hed just be able to get whats in your current?

im with aib anyways and was told because ive a business account my options are a saving account which id need to give 7 days notice before transfering funds BACK to my current account and that gives 3%, or the other option is a "demand" deposit account which you can transfer between accounts instantly online, but that just gives .5% interest. my current account gives no interest as fars i know!

7 days notice is definitely not an option as i have a lot of direct debits coming out and need to be able to transfer money freely between the accounts when i wants and not have to wait 7 days. so is there any other option besides the ON DEMAND deposit account or should i just go for it?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

anyone have a clue about this?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

anyone have a clue about this?

cheers

If you have AIB online banking, you can have a current and a savings accounts setup, but only the current account can be access via plastic, but one can transfer money via phone/internet banking in seconds.

I set this up, but since spent faster than i earn, i makes little difference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

cheers, yea its in one hand out the other with me too :(

i have internet banking with aib alright and just wondering is the only option the .5% interest DEMAND depost account. I have the form for it so ill just fill it in :cool:

Advertisement