Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new paint

Options
  • 17-06-2008 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

any ideas on how much a respray for a vw mk1 golf cabrio should cost approx?/? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it varies depending on what condition the bodywork on the car is in, the type of paint used, and the quality of work being done, if you're keeping the existing colour and don't need a complete shell respray, budget €3k for a proper job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

thanks but way more than i was expecting,thought maybe 1000 - 1500

A friend of mine got a respray for €1200 lately, the job was brutal, i mean absolutely terrible, worst I've ever seen, he tried and failed to get his money back. All painters have to use water based paint, so you really need to get it done in a properly set up paint shop.

I wanted to get my old car resprayed last year, and it was dearer than I'd first imagined. Given that it's a cabrio, it may be a little less, but that's the ballpark.

thanks colm, i agree that its pointless doing it on the cheap..paint and body work on car very good just boring green is well... boring me

Volvoboy on this forum does it for a living, he'd give you a more accurate guess.

• Advertisement

cheers pal:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

You pay for quality. The more prep work you can do of course the more money you can save.

thanks e92..just tryig to decide if its worth it or not

just got message from volvoboy and he gave me a rough idea so thanks colm

Advertisement