Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Kuga prices?

Options
  • 31-12-2007 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi guys, anyone hear anything about the price range of the Ford Kuga when it launchs next year?

I'm thinking of trading up from my Focus, so any opinions, criticisms etc. on said Kuga would also be appreciated.

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yeah....................saw a pic of one in the sunday times today. Nice looking SUV.
    Hope they do it in a 1.6TD or 1.8TD, as then i'd be tempted to sell the wifes Tuscon and buy one maybe.

it didnt give any suggested prices.....sorry.

also, there was a pic of the new citroen C5 - very handsome car. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Stagsy

yeah....................saw a pic of one in the sunday times today. Nice looking SUV.
    Hope they do it in a 1.6TD or 1.8TD, as then i'd be tempted to sell the wifes Tuscon and buy one maybe.
    QUOTE]

From what I have read it will have the same, or very similar, range of engines as the Focus so it will have the TDCI, so she might have to say goodbye to that Tuscon. :)

Stagsy wrote: »
    QUOTE]

From what I have read it will have the same, or very similar, range of engines as the Focus so it will have the TDCI, so she might have to say goodbye to that Tuscon. :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i had a wee feeling it might be the case Stagsy............Nice 1!

happy new year btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Thommo

Low 30s for the 2 wheel drive

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Zetec 2.0TDCI FWD €32,565
    Zetec 2.0TDCI 4WD €34,400
    Titanium 2.0TDCI FWD €37,155
    Titanium 2.0TDCI 4WD €38,995

*prices are from July 1st

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    Zetec 2.0TDCI FWD €32,565
    Zetec 2.0TDCI 4WD €34,400
    Titanium 2.0TDCI FWD €37,155
    Titanium 2.0TDCI 4WD €38,995

*prices are from July 1st

is there no 1.8 or 1.6d?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

is there no 1.8 or 1.6d?

not at launch anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

2.0 TDCI will be the only realistic engine option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

is there no 1.8 or 1.6d?
    Why bother they'll be in a higher VRT band due to the weight to power ratio...same as the 1.6 Avensis et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks like Ford are dropping the 1.6 TDCi from their range, they have from the Focus anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote: »
    Looks like Ford are dropping the 1.6 TDCi from their range, they have from the Focus anyway.

Yep. Kuga will be available with the 2.5 5 pot turbo petrol engine from the Focus ST too. They won't sell many of them though.

2.0 TDCI is the only option really.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bigdawg

ninty9er wrote: »
    Why bother they'll be in a higher VRT band due to the weight to power ratio...same as the 1.6 Avensis et al.

The Kuga is actually a very low rating for an SUV. Its price would be dropping in July (notionally, as its not released until then anyway) but you would expect to pay around €34,500 for a 2.0 TDCi Zetec at the moment as against €32,500-€33,000 in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bigdawg

bazz26 wrote: »

No, it will be released again when production catches up later in the year. After July, you can still get a 1.8 diesel for more or less the same price as the 1.6 diesel (if it were around).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

2.2 TDCi will be added in time too apparently. The 2.0 is getting a bit of criticism for not being powerful enough, so anything smaller is a definite no-no. Besides the Kuga is a rival for the RAV4/X-Trail etc, I don't see those cars being offered with anything smaller than a 2.0.

As for the Focus, the 1.8 TDCi is cheaper than the 1.4 from July, meaning you'd want to be a fair nutcase to choose the 1.4 over the 1.8 TDCi from then on.

Advertisement