Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A small problem..

• 26-11-2005 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

howdy.
    At home we use a G3 imac, it was one of the later G3 imacs, but its still pretty old, I think it's about 6 years old, so the problem could be down to that.
    Anyway, my dad bought an airport express bass station back in the day, but it wouldn't work with OS9, but when we updated to OSX it worked grand. However over the past 2 months we have been having problems. Originally the base station was in the hall while the imac was in the living room. But in the past 2/3 months the signal has been terrible, so i moved the base station into the living room, with all the wires etc across the hall. It seemed to have fixed the problem of the bad signal, however it was not so. The base station is about 3metres away from the imac now, and we still have the same problem. It's strange though, because sometimes it would be full signal and then for no reason would have half signal, which is really annoying, because i'd be browsing away or playing a game or whatever and then suddenly the page doesnt load, or my connection from the game is interupted.
    I have an ibook with an airport extreme base station coming on tuesday, so hopefully the problem will be solved, but if it's not is there anything i can do to prevent the drop in signal?
    We plan to get the new imac early next year so there doesnt seem to be much point in sending it to get fixed if we are only going to have it for a few more months. But if you guys have any suggestions or answers to this problem it would be great.

P.S I was going to post this from home, but the signal dropped again and wouldnt come back, so I'm doing it in college.

Advertisement