Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-08-2014, 08:23   #61
newbie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by turniphead View Post
Hi there. I decided to go with invisalign and I'm one week into it. So far so good. I told nobody I was getting them and genuinely nobody has noticed. This is certainly the biggest plus for invisalign. Another plus is that I can take them off before eating so no foods are off limits.

I was shown a 3D image of how my teeth will progress over a 40 week period. My changes are subtle but it's exactly what I want. My teeth should be straighter and more aligned.

The only cons so far would be having to brush after eating every single time. I know people will say this'll reduce snacking etc. but I train for sport a lot so therefore I eat a lot. Another con is the pain I felt last night at the back of my mouth. Obviously it's just a sign that my teeth are moving and I took a painkiller tab and I was grand.

Overall the pros far outweigh the cons. If you've any questions I can help with feel free to ask. I've 1 week done only 39 to go! :-)
Are you aware of that You will be wearing retainer invisalign for the rest of your life ? You will pay it for extra every year. It is not include in their ad.

They are not guarantee their product. They give you option to Not to wear them but if you dont wear (reatiner) after treatment over,your teeth removes back.

I`ve started April 2013 with price of € 4000 , I finished all my set of alligners and retainers.

I went through very bad times. Because its moving your original teeth, you always have pain in your teeth,most of time it bleeds while brushing your teeth.

The only positive I am is the result after 16 months treatment but very negative with Dentist, visits and general process of it.
Advertisement
28-08-2014, 09:11   #62
turniphead

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie13 View Post
Are you aware of that You will be wearing retainer invisalign for the rest of your life ? You will pay it for extra every year. It is not include in their ad.

They are not guarantee their product. They give you option to Not to wear them but if you dont wear (reatiner) after treatment over,your teeth removes back.

I`ve started April 2013 with price of € 4000 , I finished all my set of alligners and retainers.

I went through very bad times. Because its moving your original teeth, you always have pain in your teeth,most of time it bleeds while brushing your teeth.

The only positive I am is the result after 16 months treatment but very negative with Dentist, visits and general process of it.
Shame to hear your experience has been so negative and expensive. I've had no bleeding gums at all and I've had no pain since the first week.

I'm aware that I'll be wearing a retainer at night time for life but personally that doesn't bother me at all. It would be foolish not to wear the retainer after undergoing all the treatment.

It's very difficult to give a general assessment of invisalign. Everybody has different teeth which require different movements. Even the condition and health of teeth vary from person to person. While invisalign might work perfectly for some people it might not work as successfully with others.

Overall I'm still very happy I chose invisalign.
28-08-2014, 10:47   #63
newbie13

Quote:
Shame to hear your experience has been so negative and expensive. I've had no bleeding gums at all and I've had no pain since the first week.

I'm aware that I'll be wearing a retainer at night time for life but personally that doesn't bother me at all. It would be foolish not to wear the retainer after undergoing all the treatment.

It's very difficult to give a general assessment of invisalign. Everybody has different teeth which require different movements. Even the condition and health of teeth vary from person to person. While invisalign might work perfectly for some people it might not work as successfully with others.

Overall I'm still very happy I chose invisalign.

As I said before , I am happy with the result. The Allligners and retainers have only 7-8 days life, after one week it get worn and crack. You need to keep use it until end of second week the way it is. Whatever material they are using to make the alligners completely cheap stuff..
28-08-2014, 11:05   #64
turniphead

Quote:
As I said before , I am happy with the result. The Allligners and retainers have only 7-8 days life, after one week it get worn and crack. You need to keep use it until end of second week the way it is. Whatever material they are using to make the alligners completely cheap stuff..
How long do the retainers at the end of the treatment last?
28-08-2014, 11:09   #65
Reekwind

Quote:
What? That is not my experience at all. Not one of my aligners broke or cracked in any way and the retainer (which I've had for a year) shows no sign of wear.
Advertisement
28-08-2014, 11:12   #66
turniphead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reekwind View Post
What? That is not my experience at all. Not one of my aligners broke or cracked in any way and the retainer (which I've had for a year) shows no sign of wear.
That's good to hear and very reassuring. I've had no bother with my alligners so it's nice to know the retainer is durable and lasts long.
28-08-2014, 11:13   #67
turniphead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reekwind View Post
That's good to hear and very reassuring. I've had no bother with my alligners so it's nice to know the retainer is durable and lasts long.
28-08-2014, 11:55   #68
newbie13

Quote:
you get 20 set of alligners from the beginning of treatment, each set stays on 2 weeks , then another 20 set of retainers and again 2 weeks each.

then 1 set of retainers for six months after treatment over.+ night only for life
28-08-2014, 11:57   #69
newbie13

Quote:
I know from my experience, I didnt throw away my used alligners . I kept each in own plastic bag. I can send a picture of them.
Advertisement
28-08-2014, 17:09   #70
cb123

Quote:
According to my Dentist the retainer they made me should last 12-18 months and are €150 to replace. They are much harder and sturdier than the invisalign.

I also got the permanent retainer for top and bottom it cost me €300, but honestly I'm delighted I did, it's nice knowing my teeth are in always in retention.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion