Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noob needs help with page

Options
  • 29-03-2010 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

hey im looking to do a page but i dont know what im doing at all i dont know what html or css is what im looking to do is set up a page about my photography and more about me thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'm no expert but you would probably be best to get a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, like Joomla. Basically you can set up pages pretty easily, almost a click and drag type thing. Google something along the lines of Open Source WYSIWYG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Hobby photography or business ?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Diceicle wrote: »
    I'm no expert but you would probably be best to get a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, like Joomla. Basically you can set up pages pretty easily, almost a click and drag type thing. Google something along the lines of Open Source WYSIWYG

Joomla isnt a WYSIWYG editor. Joomla is a content management system platform for publishing content

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

just use wordpress - so easy and user friendly it's almost madness to use anything else unless you have specific requirements it cannot do

www.wordpress.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Check out cargocollective.com and krop.com - they're a really great way of getting a portfolio online.

They're free up until a certain number of images, and cheap if you need more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

What p says, or carbonmade.com. Many non-web designers or photographers use these services for their first portfolios.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Would have to say +1 on Wordpress
    Zascar wrote: »
    just use wordpress - so easy and user friendly it's almost madness to use anything else unless you have specific requirements it cannot do

www.wordpress.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

sikahunter wrote: »
    hey im looking to do a page but i dont know what im doing at all i dont know what html or css is what im looking to do is set up a page about my photography and more about me thank you in advance

Then why dont you go learn html and css,problem solved,w3schools.com and youtube tutorial videos,

Advertisement