Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dayz mod FPS help ( AMD FX8320 8core)

Options
  • 24-08-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey guys,
    Coming to boards for some help because the community has been very helpful in the past.
    I'm big into DayZ Epoch/Overpoch but I'm struggling a bit with my FPS.
    Let me post my specs first of all.

Processor: Amd 8320 FX 8 Core processor
    Ram: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333Mhz CL9 Value Select Desktop Memory Kit
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3 AM3+ AMD 970 DDR3 ATX
    Graphics: ASUS GTX 660Ti DirectCU 2GB
    Hard drive: Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA
    6Gb/s 64MB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    Power supply: OCZ Technology ZS Series 650W 80+ Bronze Power Supply
    Case: Gigabyte GZ-G2 Gaming Case with 2 Front Fans

I also have ASUS GPU tweak installed.

I am aware that Arma 2 OA is more of a processor heavy game than GPU heavy. I'm also aware that it only uses at most 4 of the CPU cores.
    I have all of my game video settings on high/ very high to push a good bit of the work load onto the GPU. Even at that I'm averaging about 25-39 FPS in the open world and as low as 13-25fps in cities. While this is not ideal it is playable on most servers..
    However.. I recently returned to CCG servers (first time back there since the steam changeover).. and the frame rates in a near full server are ridiculous.
    With frames going as low as 8fps in open world at some stages.
    I have heard of disabling hyperthreading on the bios having huge impacts towards improvement on FPS but i think that's only intel CPU's.
    Is there an AMD equivalent to this? Is there anything else I can do? Should I unlock the parked cores or is that risky?
    Is there anyway I can fix whatever is bottle necking it? Is there a way i can check what is causing the bottleneck?

Please guys any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement