Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2015: Round 7 - Canadian GP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Eh...I put a tenner on it @8/1, I think. I guess I could go without a Saturday night out once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Vettel handed a 5 place grid pelanty for overtaking under red flags. I presume they won't have the car in park feirme and start him from the pit lane at this stage so they can put the car in race trim. We be good to see him battle through the field like he has done in the past in similar circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Vettel handed a 5 place grid pelanty for overtaking under red flags. I presume they won't have the car in park feirme and start him from the pit lane at this stage so they can put the car in race trim. We be good to see him battle through the field like he has done in the past in similar circumstances.

Parc Ferme doesn't work like that anymore, after qualy they are in Parc Ferme no matter what happens and only have limited setup changes. He probably will start from the pitlane though just so he can stay out of the usual cluster**** that is the first corner in Canada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

There is an analysis by Scarbs don't the rounds where he discusses the McLaren: Honda were tasked with building the smallest engine possible, which led them to make some fundamental design choices that have turned out to be utterly wrong.

They haven't been able to run at full power yet, as they've admitted. The reason for that is heat and "electrical issues" which have caused power unit failures, cars stopping quietly out on track.

The reason for that is that they put the mgu-h sitting in a very hot part of the engine. The magnets don't perform well, cooling is difficult, and electrical wiring is more complicated. Lower power, less reliability, and it's not something they can solve with "tokens" either I don't think.

You can write off this McLaren Honda project.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Parc Ferme doesn't work like that anymore, after qualy they are in Parc Ferme no matter what happens and only have limited setup changes. He probably will start from the pitlane though just so he can stay out of the usual cluster**** that is the first corner in Canada.

Must have overlooked that rule change! No race trim for Seb so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

So in reality Vettel has a 5 second stop-go and Verstappen has a 10 second... after both starting from the back/pitlane.

I can't see Renault being an engine supplier by next year at this rate. Toro Rosso already suffering the consequences of the unreliability, and the Red Bulls are on the edge of venturing into 10 spot penalties. Shít is hitting the fan. They've said it's not favorable to pull out, and they'd prefer to take over TR or FI... but I can't see any other team purchasing engines from them after this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,306 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I'm seriously hoping Honda have made serious gains by the time Singapore rolls around...and yes, it's because I bet on Alonso to win a race this season. :pac:

Id say as long as the Mclaren-Honda don,t fall anymore behind the pace of the other cars and hopefully catch up a bit with the other teams that the Singapore circuit like the one in Monoco should suit there car. They should do ok there. It is a tight street circuit after all just in a hotter climate so hotter tempertures around. It is a circuit that is very hard on drivers and brakes do so hopefully they have good brakes. We already know they have two of the best F1 drivers around no need to worry there.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Looking like 4 cars in the running for third place on the grid

Kimi Bottas and the Lotus

Lotii.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I've managed to actually have some time off and this will be the first race I've seen live since Australia. Hoping it's a good one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭KarlFitz01

Really disappointed with qualifying because I was hoping to see Vettle challenge the Mercs. I will look forward to seeing him cut thought the field today but up front I think it'll Hamilton win and Rosberg 20+ seconds behind.

Happy to see the Louts up near the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Maldonado to win today. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Jordan 191 wrote: »

I'd love to see it happen if only to mess with the constant Maldonado hate train.
    Wouldn't need to be that crazy a result for it to happen either, the two Lotus guys looked like they had a shot at third yesterday, would only take both Mercs having trouble to put him in with a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Rosberg and Hamilton coming together on the first corner and taking each other out could open the race to at least 5-6 different winners I reckon, especially if Kimi got pushed down a couple of spots. would make for an epic race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I think Hamilton is just going to sail out into the distance for this one unfortunately. Hopefully there will be some excitement for the remaining podium places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Jordan 191 wrote: »

I'd honestly like to see Grosjean win. Unlike Maldonado, he's actually learned from his maniac days, and is actually driving very well this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Jenson to take a drive through within first three laps:

https://twitter.com/RachelBrookesTV/status/607592731838435328

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

just saw the bbc intro for the first time in years. Gotta love the Chain and the montage is so much better than Sky :)

just saw the bbc intro for the first time in years. Gotta love the Chain and the montage is so much better than Sky :)

Sky may have every race live, but the BBC has some of the best editors in the world. Every VT is an art piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Who wants a bet on the number of cars that will be eaten by the Wall of Champions today? My guess: 2.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'll go with 1 :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Lewis is in good form.

What the frack was that? Sounded like a wounded cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

A painful reminder for EJ what Bernie did to him in past concorde agreements.

Jesus but the pre-race show is rubbish. Why can't someone run amok with a flame thrower and do away with this parade of has beens?

I can't see Lewis not dissapearing into the distance here but with Vet, Verstappen, Jense and Alonso(he says optimisticly) at the back I think from we could be in for a bit of excitement this evening.

Great start so far, let's see what Vettel can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Nice start, contact between the Williams I think

boo, clean start. race over :(

Vettel is going good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

yes lets show replays of the start now when there's actual racing on the track...

• Advertisement

Vettel pits already...

Massa/ Eri/Vet is going be the highlight, whoops from Ferrari

Gwan Massa

Heart in mouth stuff there with Massa!!!!!

Fantastic scrap between Massa and Ericsson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nothing like having some competitive cars starting well down the field liven things up.

Will they not show us Hulk v Mal

CG6suptWcAAO_mv.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Massa vs Perez the rematch coming up.

• Advertisement

Massa is flying through the field

Vettel is going well, we need rain or a crash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Autosport wrote: »
    Vettel is going well, we need rain or a crash

He almost provided it there!

I just realised the design flaw with the McLaren/Honda. The gearbox has only 1 forward gear and 7 reverse gears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Well that was depressing. 22 laps in and Jenson gets lapped by Lewis :(

Saving fuel already ah jaysus, this is not racing

• Advertisement

Alonso getting a bit pissed off with pootling around now

"We already have big problems, driving like this, looking like amateurs. I either race or I save fuel." Nando's not happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Alonso apparently said over radio "we are looking like amateurs!" .... Ron ain't gonna like that. It's true though.

Alonso getting a bit pissed off with pootling around now

I don't blame him, mclaren are crap

Thank you Kimi ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Mistake from kimi

I'd say Vettel will struggle to get by the Lotus

• Advertisement
Advertisement