Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned due to mods intolerance of opposing opinions .

Options
  • 03-06-2015 4:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭

I wish to challenge my banning from AH for one day.

I don't believe my post was in any way uncivil.

I see it as a harsh truth, but truth none the less.

I believe the mod in question (Boom Bap) cannot debate this truth and so resorts to banning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That wasn't an opposing opinion - that was being uncivil - plain & simple. You could easily have made your point in a less demeaning way.

You have received 3 infractions since March - for being uncivil & acting the mick. I'm surprised that you haven't copped a ban before now.

I uphold the one day ban, & suggest that you contribute in a more positive manner in AH when you return. Otherwise you may find further bannings coming your way.

You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

All the best,

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

That wasn't an opposing opinion - that was being uncivil - plain & simple. You could easily have made your point in a less demeaning way.

You have received 3 infractions since March - for being uncivil & acting the mick. I'm surprised that you haven't copped a ban before now.

I uphold the one day ban, & suggest that you contribute in a more positive manner in AH when you return. Otherwise you may find further bannings coming your way.

You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

All the best,

tHB

It don't see any uncivil behavior in my post.

It may not be apologetic, but I challenge you to quote any part of it that is untrue.

I will appeal to an admin.

It don't see any uncivil behavior in my post.
    The mod did, as do I.
    It may not be apologetic, but I challenge you to quote any part of it that is untrue.
    That's not the point. See my post above.
    I will appeal to an admin.
    I have requested an Admin review.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Are we talking about the "man in a wig" post in the Caitlin Jenner thread?

Yes, the first sentence referencing Caitlin Jenner as "that human". That post.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

OK. The ban is upheld.

If you're not prepared to accept that gender is a more complex issue than what genitals you're born with, I can't help that. The question is whether or not you express that perspective in a dickish way, and the answer to that will determine whether or not you get to continue posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement