Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insidious revolt

• 06-11-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Are FF spin doctors subtly revolting by advising them to give free cheese and drive up to Farmleigh on a bank holiday like a scene from "Men in Black". Has Jim Mc Dids resignation insidiously highlighted the inequitabley of the TD's pensions.

Is it all been a very subtle coup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What kind of morons would deliberately stage a coup in the middle of the worst financial crisis we've ever had? It would be an amazingly bad decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

The same morans that advised the cabinet to drive into Farmleigh in their big black cars and give free cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

femur61 wrote: »
    The same morans that advised the cabinet to drive into Farmleigh in their big black cars and give free cheese.

Imo, there was nothing wrong with driving the big black cars into farmleigh. The wrong part is, they shouldn't have the cars to drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

I don't see the problem with the free cheese. If people are offended at the offer then they dont' have to take it, it's better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Insidious Revolt.

Sounds like a Roald Dahl character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

RichardAnd wrote: »
    I don't see the problem with the free cheese. If people are offended at the offer then they dont' have to take it, it's better than nothing.

Exactly.. you'd think it was going to be forced through peoples letter-boxes the way they're moaning about it. The EU have being doing this for over 20 years. I reckon that it's just the fact that it's cheese that annoys people.. if it was a turkey or beef-joint people would be all to happy to avail of it, whether they needed the assistance or not.

As for a coup.. unless there's someone lined up to take the reigns afterwards then it'd be a bit dumb to overthrow the current lot, no?

I wouldn't mind a packet of Banshee Bones, that'd be cheaper than cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,116 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

RichardAnd wrote: »

A lot of cheeses produced in Ireland are tasteless sh1t. It would have to be the offer of a fucking good tasty cheese that will stop me manning the barricades with a huge gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

I often wondered what the spin docs are up to with some of their decisions!!

they're all cut off from reality IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

Exactly.. you'd think it was going to be forced through peoples letter-boxes the way they're moaning about it. The EU have being doing this for over 20 years. I reckon that it's just the fact that it's cheese that annoys people.. if it was a turkey or beef-joint people would be all to happy to avail of it, whether they needed the assistance or not.

As for a coup.. unless there's someone lined up to take the reigns afterwards then it'd be a bit dumb to overthrow the current lot, no?

Exactly. It's nothing new. I also don't think it's just cheese, I'd imagine there's some other stable foods being provided such as butter and bread.

What do people expect, a prime goose, bottles of Pinot Noir? This is an altruistic act and we should be thankful for it.

• Advertisement

I once knew a Moran from college- I knew he couldn't be trusted.

Advertisement