Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People with great voices.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

John Malkovich - sounds like a dirty old letcher - but so lovely at the same time.
    Also loved Ronnie Drews speaking voice as well as his singing voice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Alan Rickman

PHILIP QUAST! Has a deeply sexy baritone singing voice

Christopher Lee

Jeff Buckley R.I.P. - Love his singing voice, but his speaking voice always struck me as being very delicate. There's something very soft and gentle in it. Normally I love deep, rich voices but I love the soft strength in his. I dunno :confused:

Johnny Cash R.I.P. - Great voice too.

That's enough for now I guess... :o

Peter Dickson (the E4 voiceover guy)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I hate his voice! It's so ruddy annoying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

James May
    Stephen Fry
    Larry Gogan
    Derren Brown
    Seth McFarlane (The Family Guy guy)
    Laura Byrne (Today FM newscaster. I'm a straight girl, but whenever she comes on I immediately start playing the music Ray Foley plays when he flirts with her in my head :P)
    Morgan Freeman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pvt6zh395dqbrj

Now for me, the best voice is, without a doubt, Michael Scofield.

He used his voice to calm down his sexy doctor friend when he grabbed her up into the roof of the prison because the prison was having a riot.

Also;

James Spader
    Martin Sheen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Shane Macgowan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

vinnie jones!!! Hill kill you and sound great doing it.:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mentioned before but Peter O'Toole. Damn he's one hell of an actor and yet passed for an oscar, save for an honorary one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf9q3npuKl4

Black and Celtic lads seem to have a goodly proportion of the votes on this kinda thing. Raise an African lad in Dublin, Cardiff or Edinburgh, or bring up a paddy, scot or taffy in Mombasa and you're on a winner. The next great voice is probably a second generation Nigerian bloke called Brian living in Galway as we speak :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I always liked Rick O'Shea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Christopher Plummer, that guy could read the phone book and make it sound compelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

• Registered Users Posts: 28 WhollyChao

Emily Deschanel from "Bones".

Oh, and her sister Zooey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

+1 for Morgan Freeman, Kiefer Sutherland, Patrick Stewart, James Earl Jones. The usual contenders! Someone also mentioned Phil Harris, great voice.

I also love Clive Owen's voice, especially in Inside Man. And to represent the ladies Gillian Anderson's voice always gave me the girly tinglies.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I hate his voice! It's so ruddy annoying :P

It's not as annoying as the use of 'ruddy'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

There's a guy who reads the news on Radio 1 on weekend mornings - Michael Murphy - he has the ultimate 'old-school newsreader' voice. Serious and authoritative, yet totally reassuring, no matter how catastrophic the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

No mention of William Shatner? Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Dman001 wrote: »
    Forgot Gerry Ryan actually (RIP), never listened to his show much but always thought he had a great voice for the radio.

He had a face for radio too.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Garth Merenghi, got the best British accent I've ever heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Lust4Life wrote: »
    No mention of William Shatner? Wow!

Lust ... 4 ..... life, that is an .... excellent choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Great thread!

One of my favourite Irish voices would have to be Jim O'Neill - Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Mariella Frostrup - what a sexy voice!
    Also not sure of his name but that scottish bloke who narrates coast on bbc, i'd listen to him all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I havent bother to look through all of the comments so someone will correct me if he has already been mentioned but I think Patrick Warburton has the best voice ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

There used to be a guy who called out the English football results on the radio. I can’t remember if he was on BBC radio or another station, and it’s years since I heard him so I don’t know if he’s around anymore.

The best thing about him is the inflection in his voice would change depending on who won. The losing team would be announced in a somber tone, the victor in a more jovial tenor:

Aston Villa, nil; Newcastle United,six!

Better than MOTD, so 'twas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Philip Boucher Hayes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Pace2008 wrote: »
    There used to be a guy who called out the English football results on the radio. I can’t remember if he was on BBC radio or another station, and it’s years since I heard him so I don’t know if he’s around anymore.

The best thing about him is the inflection in his voice would change depending on who won. The losing team would be announced in a somber tone, the victor in a more jovial tenor:

Aston Villa, nil; Newcastle United,six!

Better than MOTD, so 'twas.

James Alexander Gordon is the guys name, still does read out the scores on sports report.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    Garth Merenghi, got the best British accent I've ever heard!
    You know he isn't real right?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Joanna Lumley's dulcet tones make me melt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The actor that narrates the movie Stand by Me. Can see his face in my head but can't think of his name. He's actually in the last few minutes of the movie as a grown up version of one of the characters. Damn!

What about Homer Simpson??:D

Advertisement