Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student died after heavy drinking session

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Merzbow

thebullkf wrote: »
    if it were Headshop drugs/Coke/Gear/Hash that killed him i don't think there'd be as much sympathy.

Agreed. I have never put myself or anyone else in danger by smoking too much hash, might have felt very drowsy at times but it never sent me unconscious or at risk of death.

Yet a (legal) extremely dangerous and lethal drug is perfectly acceptable because it is so deeply ingrained into our culture, going back many generations. I would estimate that thousands die every year in Ireland over alcohol related illnesses, and more from alcohol related accidents (such as this case). Not to mention the families and relationships destroyed by alcohol addiction.

I'm not saying alcohol should be made illegal, but the laws (and attitudes) are very hypocritical with regard to other drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

thebullkf wrote: »
    The guy was idiotic as were his team mates and his managers should hold some responsibility,as should the barman (if it was in fact the one bar that he drank his pints in)

They were drinking cans in an apartment, not in a pub. 10 pints in a bar would set you back €50, can't see students paying that sort of money. In fairness you can;t hold his team mates and manager responsible for him choosign to drink that much, nobody forced him to drink 10 cans, he chose to himself. I think we need a lot more personal responsibility for our actiosn when drinking instead of expecting others to pick up the slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

thebullkf, you were told not to post again.
    I'm banning you for not adhering to mod instruction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Never thought Kings would kill someone. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

gurramok wrote: »
    I'd like to say that awareness like the above is a good thing. Be careful out there folks, drink alcohol in moderation and know your limits.

Never mix alcohol with painkillers or medication, I also know somebody who died from choking on his vomit asleep on a chair. Remember....

• Advertisement
Advertisement