Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tea or coffee sir/madam?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Tea! God I love it! No milk or sugar to ruin the taste.
    I love Lyons Gold Blend but tea is tea and I love it all!*

*Except Tetleys, YUCK.
    *None of that perfumed crap either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Eww!

Don't Judge me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I like the smell of coffee, always reminds me of the airport :) I don't drink coffee though, tea is and always has been my preference. I love tea, usually have at least one cup a day. Even on the really hot days during the summer I couldn't not have a cup of tea!

And I usually use Tesco Value or generic tea bags from Lidl or Aldi. They always taste fine to me, Barry's is the best though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Posy wrote: »
    Tea! God I love it! No milk or sugar to ruin the taste.
    I love Lyons Gold Blend but tea is tea and I love it all!*

*Except Tetleys, YUCK.
    *None of that perfumed crap either.

I'd love a pint of Tetleys now imo

http://www.stevepickard.co.uk/images/portfolio/port_tetleys1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Tea, tea, tea, tea, tea! I only ever drink coffee the odd time when it's made at a Starbucks or decent cafe I hate home made coffee. Tea on the other hand is so good after a stressful day and makes chocolate nicer when dipped in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

marxcoo wrote: »
    Coffee, half fill it with milk... then reheat it in the microwave.. happy days.
    +1

Full cup of milk + microwave + coffe = win

I get odd and disgusting looks at work for doing this. Boiling water and a bit of milk is just disgusting.

And I always leave the spoon on the cup when I drink coffee, never when I'm having tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I never did get a cup of tea today :(
    You know where the kettle is :P

Barna77 wrote: »
    +1

Full cup of milk + microwave + coffe = win

I get odd and disgusting looks at work for doing this. Boiling water and a bit of milk is just disgusting.

And I always leave the spoon on the cup when I drink coffee, never when I'm having tea

I think you might be me.... I always leave my spoon in the cup too. I bet we're hand twins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

:eek:
    (clickable)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Anyone very particular and buys expensive brands? :)
    Or is it Maxwell House, Lyons and Barrys? The staple houshold brands

Both.

For tea, lyons because of the pyramid bags, but I am partial to the occasional barrys. Not mad about English brands or those fancy ones in a packet e.g. Bewelys Irish Breakfast Tea etc.

For coffee, never instant. Plunger, filter or stove top pot at home, or espresso coffee in cafes. Always black no sugar.

Right now, I'm just finishing off a pot of Robert Roberts. It's not so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I like the smell of coffee, always reminds me of the airport :)

You like the smell of airports?

Worthy of a thread of its own IMO.

Worthy of a thread of its own IMO.

I like the airport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

I love the smell of jet-fuel in the morning. Reminds me of...take-off.

Seriously, though, I can't say I've ever noticed a distinct airport smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

marxcoo wrote: »
    I think you might be me.... I always leave my spoon in the cup too. I bet we're hand twins.
    Brother (or sister) where art thou? :D

Just finished my coffee a while ago (watching Nigella on TV, yet again :confused:). Lazy weekend

I bet Nigella makes great coffee... loads of cream and sugar.

Advertisement