Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite TV Show

• 18-04-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

What's your favourite TV show. Mine's Breaking Bad. Every episode has something to look forward to. The actors who play their roles are phenomenal. Some of them are clever and manipulative when they play their character.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The Americans.

Excellent depth to the characters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

The news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭smilerf

I love Grimm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭tosspot

Outside of traditional tv series like The Wire, etc., current favourite is 8 out of 10 cats does countdown. Great contestants and delivers almost every episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

tosspot wrote: »
    Outside of traditional tv series like The Wire, etc., current favourite is 8 out of 10 cats does countdown. Great contestants and delivers almost every episode
    I have only stared watching it lately on More 4, its good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Gavin and Stacey. The Thick of It. The office. Inbetweeners.

Just easy to watch stuff and makes me smile.

Went outside the obvious ones for this.

Supernatural is a good one too. DEEAANN!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Extant. I think it is excellent. The story so far has been really good. The actors are all very good. There is Suspense and tension in the show too. It asks a lot of questions in it too like how would we react if there was robots that looked just like us and in some cases are smarter too. In this case its a boy that is the main characters son. I also like the vision in it that its a lovely clean world and we have one big space company that represents all of Earth. Also there is electric vehicles every where.

Arrow and The Flash too are also very good although Arrow is not as good as its first and 2nd season now.

The Mentalist is another great show and Castle too.

I used to like Continuum but than it just got very complicated and a bit silly so I got bored if it. A pity as it stated off brilliant in its first two seasons.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Surprised no one mentioned Game Of Thrones yet, anyway that and Vikings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek : The Next Generation, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Monk, Game of Thrones, House, Better Call Saul, Modern Family, Frasier, Cheers, Friends, so many more!

Edit : Community, The Vicar of Dibley, Father Ted, Only Fools and Horses and Quantum Leap. I had to list those too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Longmire, fantastic show that's been saved by Netflix. Person of Interest is great, loved Justified and Parks and Recreation both of which recently finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Drama :
    Hannibal
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    House
    Criminal Minds (first 4 seasons)

Comedy:
    The Simpsons (early Seasons)
    Fr Ted
    Black Books
    Community
    Parks and Rec
    Fawlty Towers

Ms

@Rosie Rant Is it your first time watching Star Trek or have you seen it before?
    The Next Generation was the first series I ever seen and loved it.I am a long time Star Trek fan. I love all the Star Trek shows now. I think if you like Star Trek you might like Extant too. It also has aliens in it although they are a quite different and quite mysterious too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭smilerf

Shameless us for me is better than the original. Better actors script and hotter women :-)

AMKC wrote: »
    @Rosie Rant Is it your first time watching Star Trek or have you seen it before?
    The Next Generation was the first series I ever seen and loved it.I am a long time Star Trek fan. I love all the Star Trek shows now. I think if you like Star Trek you might like Extant too. It also has aliens in it although they are a quite different and quite mysterious too.

I used to watch it with my brother when I was little. I recently re-watched the entire thing. It's just so perfect! :D I haven't seen much of the rest of the Star Treks but I always meant to watch them. I'll give Extant a go as well, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Scorpion, it's like a throw back to the great shows of the 80's where you don't have to over analyse everything and it's gripping edge of your seat fun in every episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sopranos will always be #1 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Drama: Lost, Breaking Bad, Fringe, House (and first 4 seasons of The Walking Dead)

Comedy: Community, Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Office(US), Bob's Burgers, How I Met Your Mother(minus the horrendous last episode)

Over all I'd probably pick It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Ms

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I used to watch it with my brother when I was little. I recently re-watched the entire thing. It's just so perfect! :D I haven't seen much of the rest of the Star Treks but I always meant to watch them. I'll give Extant a go as well, thank you!

Your welcome.
    Cool. The Original series has some great stories in it and as it has all been remastered it looks better than ever. The sets and that do take a bit of getting used to after say The Next Gen but its worth watching for the excellent stories.
    DS9 is really good too and it has stories that are more than one episode.It has a few story arcs in it that last for a lot of the series.
    Voyager is good but there is some bad episodes in it too. The acting in Voyager is never as good as what is in The Next Gen or DS9.
    Enterprise can take a bit of getting used to and it is a lot darker than all the other Star Treks but it also has a lot less technobabble as it was called. It is based before even the Original Series so the Ship and technolagy they have is much more simple.
    I would go with watching DS9 next then Voyager and then the other two.

Do give Extant a go. Might want to wait till you can watch it from the beginning do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Sopranos. I have yet to see a show, that is able to portray a mob criminal as a loving father like it. If you listen to any children of Mob figures, the children will tell you they had an amazing life and their fathers were caring. Yet Love Hate has the most 2 dimensional characters I have seen on TV in years. They come across as indecisive gangster with no compassion or redeeming features like Tony as.

I think HBO girls is incredible too. Its the only TV show, that accurately captures whats its like to be young in modern day America. The fact most Americans are underemployed. How ****ed up relationships can be. That not everyone in real life is skinny, beautiful and perfect. Also that not everyone has dozens of friends, who are constantly there for you. Its almost like a documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Life on Mars. Watch it.

• Advertisement

Life on Mars. Watch it.

loved this. never got into the follow up one without John Simm. Just love John Simm - fantastic actor

actually another great series with John Simm was the lakes from the late '90s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lakes_%28TV_series%29#Reception

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

smilerf wrote: »
    Shameless us hotter women :-)

God that wouldn't be hard- although I still remember Maxine Peake, braless, doing the ironing, whenever I see her trying to be serious in Silks etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

glasso wrote: »
    loved this. never got into the follow up one without John Simm. Just love John Simm - fantastic actor

actually another great series with John Simm was the lakes from the late '90s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lakes_%28TV_series%29#Reception

John Simm is a brilliant actor - if you haven't seen it, he gives an exceptional performance in the film Boston Kickout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

"30 Degrees in Thailand" is my favourite Drama - Just finished on Sky Arts.
    "Detectorists" is my favourite Comedy Drama.

AMKC wrote: »
    Your welcome.
    Cool. The Original series has some great stories in it and as it has all been remastered it looks better than ever. The sets and that do take a bit of getting used to after say The Next Gen but its worth watching for the excellent stories.
    DS9 is really good too and it has stories that are more than one episode.It has a few story arcs in it that last for a lot of the series.
    Voyager is good but there is some bad episodes in it too. The acting in Voyager is never as good as what is in The Next Gen or DS9.
    Enterprise can take a bit of getting used to and it is a lot darker than all the other Star Treks but it also has a lot less technobabble as it was called. It is based before even the Original Series so the Ship and technolagy they have is much more simple.
    I would go with watching DS9 next then Voyager and then the other two.

Do give Extant a go. Might want to wait till you can watch it from the beginning do.

Thanks again :D

Advertisement