Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free shipping from Amazon on orders from £25

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

Ogham wrote: »
    I tried a few single DVd orders - and all came up as 4.98 + VAt = 6.05 delivery !!
    It should be 1.88 plus vat = 2.28. They seem to be charging as if it is a video game or a book.
    I have emailed Amazon about it - I'll post the reply here.

Good i have emailed them too, will be interesting to see what they say. Below is a copy of the email i sent to them......

Hello, i tried ordering a dvd from you site this morning but when it came to the summary page i am being charged £6.05 (£4.98 + vat) postage to Ireland. Now i can only assume that this is an error in your system as it used to be £1.88 + vat to Ireland. I have tried several different dvds and they all are being charged at £6.05...Can you please help me???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

I tried a few single DVd orders - and all came up as 4.98 + VAt = 6.05 delivery !!
    It should be 1.88 plus vat = 2.28. They seem to be charging as if it is a video game or a book.
    I have emailed Amazon about it - I'll post the reply here.

They replied pretty quickly and said they are aware of it and are working to fix it. It scould be fixed in a matter of minutes they said. They said if I want to order it they will refund the difference in postage.

Still not working though (at 10:50)

still not changed, has anyone got caught out on this, will they refund people???

NoelDoran wrote: »
    still not changed, has anyone got caught out on this, will they refund people???

mazon They actually said in my reply

"If, after 24 hours there is no change, we please request you to place the order and write back to us so that we will refund the additional delivery charge."

Anyway - I doubt if I'll ever be ordering less than £25 quids worth at a time on Amazon - even when this is fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Thank you Amazon, Free delivery is brilliant.

The £25 limit is obviously to encourage bulk ordering to make economies in the brilliant delivery system they operate. Hopefully they will keep the sterling price as then you pay the exchange rate on the day from the bank and not the exchange rate set a few months ago by the company.

The VAT is paid to Ireland so at least something goes back into the revenue coffers to pay for all the ministers expenses and hopefully they leave something to help defray the costs of running our wonderful country.

Why would you want to use your Laser card instead of a credit card, your purchases are not protected like a credit card purchase and you are giving access to your bank account, not a credit limited credit card. If a supplier went bust you get your money back from the credit card company, you don't have this right if its Laser. (As far as i know). (Amazon are not likely to go bust but in general its better to be safe than sorry)

I always thought that as a rule you should always use a credit card for all online purchases books,dvds,flights etc no matter who you are purchasing them from as you have some comeback in the event of a problem. The rights for Laser/Debit cards are never the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Heard on BBC Radio 4 this morning that if UK posties go on strike amazon might be affected, but that they're looking into some sort of alternative. I realise this is perhaps a little OT, but Royal Mail lost their amazon contract. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/07/royal-mail-amazon-postal-strikes

mazon They actually said in my reply

"If, after 24 hours there is no change, we please request you to place the order and write back to us so that we will refund the additional delivery charge."

Anyway - I doubt if I'll ever be ordering less than £25 quids worth at a time on Amazon - even when this is fixed.

Yea this is what amazon said back to me aswell...........

Dear Customer

Thank you for writing to Amazon.co.uk.

I am sorry that you are being charged incorrectly for the postage at the time of placing the order.

Generally, we charge a fixed rate for each delivery, with an additional smaller charge for each item in that delivery. Here's the equation we use to calculate the total delivery cost:

(Highest applicable per delivery rate)
    +
    (Number of items x per item rate) = Total delivery cost

For example, if you have three items in your order, you’ll be charged one delivery fee plus three item charges.

1.49 GBP (per delivery rate)
    +
    1 x 0.39 GBP (per item rate) = 1.88 GBP Total delivery cost

Hence I can confirm that the total delivery charge should be 1.88 GBP for your order.

In this case, I would request you to place your order and if there is any incorrect delivery charge made please contact us, so that we will be happy to issue the refund. Please contact us using the following link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/email

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest regards

Sameer G.

Delivery Charges for DVDs are fixed now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was very disappointed to find out that Amazon do not deliver children's shoes to Ireland:( Found a couple of great deals sold by Amazon themselves and they wouldn't allow them to be dispatched to my address. Briefly checked delivery restrictions and they don't deliver children's clothes either.
    [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Additional delivery restrictions may apply to specific items or sub-categories due to the specific nature of some products. These products might be restricted to delivery to the UK or mainland UK only (excludes Northern Ireland and the UK islands) or to only some other countries. For example large items, such as any item that is 30 kg or heavier, e.g. a widescreen television (larger than 26") or some fitness equipment can only be delivered to mainland UK.

The following items can only be delivered to addresses within the UK - children's clothing and car seats, blank media items, such as CDs, DVDs and MP3 players, safety equipment and medicines. Light bulbs and TV equipment cannot be shipped to Ireland (Republic of).

[/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/font][/SIZE][/font]

lindtee wrote: »
    Was very disappointed to find out that Amazon do not deliver children's shoes to Ireland:( Found a couple of great deals sold by Amazon themselves and they wouldn't allow them to be dispatched to my address. Briefly checked delivery restrictions and they don't deliver children's clothes either.

That bit about MP3 players is strange - they do deliver most mp3 players to Ireland (not all )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Guys getting great bargains on Amazon ATM:
    Harry Potter box set £15
    LOTR Box Set extended edition £18

Advertisement