Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wacom Bamboo €50 @Aldi

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Its not really good tbh, very small.... wait for aldi / lidls own brand to come out. Same price but A4

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

anyone know if they still have any of these still in from yesterday. Most specials run out pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Tallon wrote: »
    Its not really good tbh, very small.... wait for aldi / lidls own brand to come out. Same price but A4

It is small granted but Wacoms are probably the best in the business. It's been discussed before elsewhere but the Aldi/Lidl graphics tablets can't compare with the quality of Wacom imo.

For the price it's a good starter tablet, especially to test one out before taking the plunge on a full-sized version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Oh yea, I prob should of mentioned in my op that I own aldi/lidl (can't remember which one) and this kind of wacom bamboo (I bought one a few weeks back for more than this :mad: ) There is a HUGE difference between them, the wacom is a LOT better! Seriously, spend a bit more and get a wacom, you won't regret it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone buying a tablet seriously should only be considering wacom tablets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Tallon wrote: »

Any details or idea when that might be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

The Wacom Bamboo (this particular size) has been recommended for photo-editing use by many posters at www.dpreview.com .

From what I can gather, the larger A4 size is better for graphic design and CAD purposes.

I bought one at Aldi today. Haven't yet set it up but build and even packaging indicate a high quality item.

There is a reason why these are being sold at this bargain price - Wacom launched a new range very recently. Features include full fingertip control for zooming, flipping images etc. without using stylus and seems to be compatible with some new Windows 7 features.

The old version (Aldi one) does not indicate that it is compatible with W7 - it may be - probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Jus back from Aldi in Rathfarnam there all out :(

White_Wolf wrote: »
    Jus back from Aldi in Rathfarnam there all out :(

Sorry you didn't get one but maybe all is not yet lost. I suspect that this is an item that may not sell so well in rural Aldi branches.

They often re-distribute between branches and it might be worth asking a Manager at your local store if they can get one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

I have a small Bamboo (similar to this one but in white) and the Cintiq 21UX (slightly different budget :). Both are great tablets. I also have a no-name tablet... and it sucks. Do yourself a favor, go for the Wacom over any strange no-name devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

In case anyone is still looking for one of these, I was in Aldi Mullingar about an hour ago, there were none on display, but I asked at the till and they still had 3 in the office.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    It is small granted but Wacoms are probably the best in the business. It's been discussed before elsewhere but the Aldi/Lidl graphics tablets can't compare with the quality of Wacom imo.

Agreed, I have a Intuos 4. Brilliant piece of kit, but I only use it with Corel draw. (Drawing / sketching)

For photos, websites etc I use the Medion because its so slim and bigger!

the point im making is that may be a wacom (best in the business) but its too small for any real use!!!!
    cosgrove80 wrote: »
    For the price it's a good starter tablet, especially to test one out before taking the plunge on a full-sized version

Not really, by a bigger cheaper one. if you like it and get used to using it, when you upgrade, you'll reap the rewards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭positron

Wouldn't the ideal size also depend on how you want to use the tablet? While larger tablet gives you finer control and larger strokes, it also means more hand movement for casual normal use..?

I bought this Aldi one and its really nice - much more natural than using a mouse, and precise enough for my use I think. Nice kit.

Manual for the Aldi Bamboo version is here if anyone's interested:

http://www.tablet4u.nl/docs/bamboo/bamboo_en.pdf

positron wrote: »
    [...] precise enough for my use I think.

The precision on these things is ridiculous. They have far more resolution than a human could ever dream of controling. Even the most basic model is capable of picking up the random shaking of your hand.

Edit: Of course the software is designed such that it ignores that shaking and does not let it influence your drawings. What I meant to say is that precision definitely is not a concern. If anything, there is too much of it in the hardware, not too little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Redbilby

Can anyone tell me what is the optimum RAm and computer speed required to run these?

Many tks
    Rb

A tablet places no particular strain on your computer. It is the program that you want to control with a tablet that determines how much processing power you will need. If you are just dabbling or editing a few photos in Photoshop, pretty much an PC will do.

Advertisement