Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about the Alesis Ion

Options
  • 21-08-2006 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Can you actually get a normal piano sound, because I don't have much of an idea how to play piano, so If ever I wanted to learn stuff on it thats on a piano, i could use it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

You wouldn't be able to get a decent acoustic piano sound out of it, no.
    The Alesis Ion (and micron) are both Virtual Analogue Synthesisers. They're designed to replicate the old tones you'd get from the likes of the old analogue Moog, Sequential Circuits, ARP etc... synthesisers. It also has a half-size keyboard, lacks performance polyphony and is a bit cluttered for traditional piano playing.

HOWEVER, if you really wanted to buy one (and I think they're absolutely class tbh) you could always get a small external module you could hook up via MIDI to get piano sounds (The Alesis NanoPiano for example).

Another alternative would be the Alesis Fusion 6HD - it will give you most of the synth functions of the Ion but let you load it up with real piano samples as well - which would destroy any rack module for real tone.

Advertisement