Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landmine LD-1 Distortion Pedal, worth a buy?

Options
  • 24-08-2006 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you metal dudes have heard anything about a Landmine LD-1 Distortion Pedal? I've seen some good reviews (Harmony Central) and was considering picking one up, but I would like an opinion from a few of our very own Irish Meatalheadz. I'm looking for a pretty savage sound for Metal, Punk and Hardcore.

Thanks,

Baggio.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

That is probably the best name ever for a distortion pedal!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

fish-head wrote:
    That is probably the best name ever for a distortion pedal!

Agreed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Yep! It sounds cool alright. Have you seen what it looks like? It's pretty darn cool:) .

Check it out:
    http://www.landminepedals.com

But does it sound good that is the question? It's a smallish company from what I can gether. So you never know if their mates have been writing a few reviews on H. Central - if you get my drift?

Cheer,

Baggio.

There's samples on this page here. Can't say it does much for me sound wise. Visually it's great though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Normally I'm not a sentimental person but, personally, I think the whole idea is in bad taste. I wouldn't buy any of their products for that reason alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Yeah it is a little bit dodgy in the whole 'taste' department. I wasn't expectng it to actually look like a landmine!

But since when was metal about 'taste'. I'm sure Fallopian Breakdance would have no qualms about using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Yeah, I'm kinda with Ravelleman on that. But even if it wasn't tasteless, it's still tacky looking, so it loses for me either way.

Anyway, to put it diplomatically... Harmony Central reviews aren't worth a damn. Almost everything gets a good review there. Find reviews elsewhere, and don't even factor in HC tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Does that blonde chick come with the pedal?

If yes I'll buy three. Hooyah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

... Harmony Central reviews aren't worth a damn. Almost everything gets a good review there. Find reviews elsewhere, and don't even factor in HC tbh.

I think it is possible to sift through the HC reviews and find the (relatively) sane ones. :D

John wrote:
    There's samples on this page here. Can't say it does much for me sound wise. Visually it's great though!

Hey J,

Thanks for that.

Hmm... it does not really sound as good as they made it out.

Cheers,

R.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm kinda with Ravelleman on that. But even if it wasn't tasteless, it's still tacky looking, so it loses for me either way.

Anyway, to put it diplomatically... Harmony Central reviews aren't worth a damn. Almost everything gets a good review there. Find reviews elsewhere, and don't even factor in HC tbh.

Thanks man, I thought they might be a bit biased myself ;).

Ravelleman wrote:
    Normally I'm not a sentimental person but, personally, I think the whole idea is in bad taste. I wouldn't buy any of their products for that reason alone.

Time to chill mate.

I don't really care what it looks like – It's the sound that's important. I don't think they are trying to make a political statement or anything:rolleyes: .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

But I am perfectly chilled. I stand by my opinion .

Ravelleman wrote:
    But I am perfectly chilled. I stand by my opinion .

Hmm.... Slightly off the topic at hand though.

John wrote:

Hi John,

After hearing those samples you found. I've decided not to get the Landmine. For all the hype it's sounds pretty lame. I was thinking about the new Scott Ian pedal Black-13, which sounds kinda' cool (especially as I'm a big S.O.D. fan). But I think I'm going to go for the new Digitech Metal Master (even if it does not look as cool as a landmine...;) ).

Thanks for your help man,

Rob.

PS - the old Metal Master is only 79 bucks on Music123.com!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Poor taste? Honestly guys, would you call a camo guitar in poor taste? Same military connotations there. How about a gun guitar? Never mind some of the imagery and lyrics of a lot of Metal bands. :rolleyes:

Don't be so sensitive. When I saw the landmine pedal, I honestly chuckled away to myself. What a novelty, I thought!

Don't be so sensitive. When I saw the landmine pedal, I honestly chuckled away to myself. What a novelty, I thought!

Damn straight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Poor taste? Honestly guys, would you call a camo guitar in poor taste? Same military connotations there. How about a gun guitar? Never mind some of the imagery and lyrics of a lot of Metal bands. :rolleyes:

It's just an opinion, there's no need to feel threatened by it (you insensitive monster). :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'm with Ravelleman on this one, I would have difficulty looking down at a reminder of how cynical and dispicable humanity can be.

What about this?

DGTXASDD.jpg

Doctor J wrote:
    I'm with Ravelleman on this one, I would have difficulty looking down at a reminder of how cynical and dispicable humanity can be.

Think I must have posted on the wrong forum :(

• Advertisement

John wrote:
    What about this?

DGTXASDD.jpg

Thanks John!

I was looking at that - it sounds pretty cool. Which do you think would be the best out of these three?

Scott Ian's - Black-13 (I'm a big S.O.D. fan)
    Digitech Metal Master
    THe Weapon

Thanks for the help,

R.

I don't know what The Weapon does, I just posted it because of the name :D

You cannot get a pedal called The Weapon or the Landmine without getting properly camouflaged stomping footwear too! (and it's fender too, yey) :D

Poster_18285.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Camoflauge made of strats, only you could find that, man :D

My Google-Fu skills are not that advanced, but just don't ask what I was doing googling for Fender flip-flops in the first place. :p

It was an accident, I swear. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Baggio... wrote:
    Think I must have posted on the wrong forum :(

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Love the flip flops, and the look of the pedal.

Might buy one, and mod it.
    Ill have a little flag that pops out and unfurls a tiny little banner that says 'Boom!' instead of an on light.

Advertisement