Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upstand bath taps

Options
  • 30-10-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

hi all, i have a question regarding a set of upstand bath taps purchased from b and Q, bacially we first fixed taps as per B and Q spec, our pipes are coming up from a concrete floor with a tile finish, we have 2 3/4" copper pipe sticking up from floor and i had thought that the taps come with the correct fittings and fixtures to connect taps to water,

when stand pipes arrived they came with 2 large flexi hoses that are 600mm long, it makes no to me as to how the taps are fixed to the upstand as there is no way to connect the hoses to the taps as there are too long, B and Q now say that the flexis should have came at the beginning and when first fixing the taps the flexis should have been inserted into the concrete floor and left at the correct height,

this still is impossible as how do you tighten the flexi to the taps, im at a loss to it all and the supplier and client are useless,,

has anyone any experience with upstand taps on a concrete floor? any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement