Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insert stove > Back boiler

Options
  • 30-10-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    got a question about fire places and back boilers

I ve one of those at the moment.. if I want to buy the insert stove..
    I ve seen a few offers around.. some say "with out back boilet" other "back boiler"..
    Considering that I ve a fire place with a back boiler..

The stove without the back boiler.. does that mean that that s not compatible or that does not back the back boiler (which I already have)?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

I am also interested in this.

Currently in the process of buying a new house. The open fire has a back boiler, which when I get the funds together I will be changing over to a insert stove. Should the existing back boiler be compatible with a stove or would I have to buy a whole new set up?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Stove with boiler replaces back boiler.
    Old back boiler has to be removed.

Stove without boiler heats nothing except room.
    Even if old back boiler is left in fireplace. Some insets are designed to fit in to the space without structural work removing fireplace to remove back boiler.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Make enquiries about a fire front. You may be able to use you existing back boiler with it.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement