Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil Fired Heating Timer

• 25-10-2014 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Can these still be purchased?

66A.jpg

The timer on ours broke, an electrician friend of mine will replace it but he said it would be best if we used the same one, however this one is about 10 years old. Hardly still sell them, do they?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

chops018 wrote: »
    Can these still be purchased?

66A.jpg

The timer on ours broke, an electrician friend of mine will replace it but he said it would be best if we used the same one, however this one is about 10 years old. Hardly still sell them, do they?

Yeah still available through any electrical/heating suppliers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Flash Programmer.
    Heat Merchants do them.
    No wiring involved if it's the same with 3 way switch in the center.
    Older model had switch at the top, which need re wiring for clock in photo.

Undo the two small screws on clock, with power off at the fuse board, front part plugs/pull off. Plug in new front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Once you have the Flash Programmer it would be a 30 second changeover as the base plate with the wiring doesn't need replacing, just undo the 2 screws on the face and remove the programmer, replace.

make sure the supply to programmer is off.

Soz Scuds, just finished reading your post. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Hi guys, got one of these in the local heating supplies store. €45.00. Friend of mine who is an electrician is fitting it tomorrow. Thanks for the responses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Mods, I'm sorry for digging up an old thread, and will start a new one if required.

I just found this one by chance.

Basically, can anyone here tell me how to use this programmer?! I'm at it ages and I'm absolutely lost. All I have found out so far is how to turn it off and have it constantly off. But the timer part of it totally confuses me.

Please help I'll be freezin in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Mods, I'm sorry for digging up an old thread, and will start a new one if required.

I just found this one by chance.

Basically, can anyone here tell me how to use this programmer?! I'm at it ages and I'm absolutely lost. All I have found out so far is how to turn it off and have it constantly off. But the timer part of it totally confuses me.

Please help I'll be freezin in the morning!

It's basically a clock. When set to timer, you push out the little plastic bits. The place on the clock that you push them out will be the time that the boiler is activated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Thanks pal, that what I was thinking. But couldn't manage it with my big shovel hands :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CoffeeAnathema

scudo2 wrote: »
    Flash Programmer.
    Heat Merchants do them.
    No wiring involved if it's the same with 3 way switch in the center.
    Older model had switch at the top, which need re wiring for clock in photo.

Undo the two small screws on clock, with power off at the fuse board, front part plugs/pull off. Plug in new front.

Hi @mods, sorry to bump this thread up again, but it's the most relevant one I could find for an issue I need advice with.

I'm at my parent's house, which has had a new oil-fired system with one of these Flash timers installed since the last time I've been here. The timer has just stopped, and there is a red light flashing behind the clock. Does anyone have any idea what this means, and if it can be fixed quickly? Could the oil be on constantly now? I've no idea who my parents get oil from, or who their electrician is, so I don't know who else to contact about this. eep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Hi @mods, sorry to bump this thread up again, but it's the most relevant one I could find for an issue I need advice with.

I'm at my parent's house, which has had a new oil-fired system with one of these Flash timers installed since the last time I've been here. The timer has just stopped, and there is a red light flashing behind the clock. Does anyone have any idea what this means, and if it can be fixed quickly? Could the oil be on constantly now? I've no idea who my parents get oil from, or who their electrician is, so I don't know who else to contact about this. eep.

Hi there.

I haven't a clue what the red light means. But obviously you will know if the oil is constantly on by checking the radiators, I assume? It seems so simple, but maybe it's not that simple.

Anyway, get any electrician to look at it. My friend who is an electrician sorted out ours and replaced the old one with a new one.

Hoe that helps.

Advertisement