Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job offer taken away

Options
  • 08-10-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone, I had an interview with a large telecommunications company. A few weeks after my second interview the person who interviewed me rang me and told me I had the job, I was so excited cause I really wanted this job. He told me that HR would be in connect with the official offer and that it may take a few days to week to get the paper work signed. He said if didn't heard any thing in a week to ring him. A week went by heard nothing so I rang him and he said that HR told him that they did not have the budget to hire me and therefore I didn't have the job ... I was so annoyed ... I'm just wondering if any one else had a similar position happen to them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Hi everyone, I had an interview with a large telecommunications company. A few weeks after my second interview the person who interviewed me rang me and told me I had the job, I was so excited cause I really wanted this job. He told me that HR would be in connect with the official offer and that it may take a few days to week to get the paper work signed. He said if didn't heard any thing in a week to ring him. A week went by heard nothing so I rang him and he said that HR told him that they did not have the budget to hire me and therefore I didn't have the job ... I was so annoyed ... I'm just wondering if any one else had a similar position happen to them.

Sorry to hear that. Not easy with the high of getting the job to feeling gutted when getting told you actually didn't. But, until you have the contract signed you really haven't got the job.

My experience was a bit different. After two interviews that went extreamly well, I was told I didn't get the job. About 2 months later got a call asking me to come back in for a chat. Got the job in the end.

Maybe in the new year they may call you back when the budget frees up.

No harm in dropping an email to them. Say thanks for the opportunity of the interview. Remind them of what you'll bring to their business and finally say how much you admire the company and ask to be considered if a suitable position becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭nekuchi

I got a job from an interview once and handed in my notice to the then current employer (rumours of the company being swallowed by another). Life was great.

Turned up to my new job on the 1st day and was asked to wait until someone would come to get me. 2/3 hours later and I was still sat there, so I went to ask what the story was. She gave me a non-committal answer so I waited a bit more until they said I should go home and someone would be in touch.

After a while, they eventually rang me and told me I didn't have a job! Job cuts they said.

Apparently I should have considered myself lucky that they gave me a month's pay! Never mind the fact that I could have still had a job if I didn't hand in my notice to start this 'new' one with them!

Advertisement