Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

letters are slow to appear as I type?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Biggins wrote: »
    I'd glad to hear about the lag. Well done.

Speed is always a problem with eircom.
    Check out www.speedtest.net and see what results they give you.

336511672.png

download 2704 kb/s, upload 320 kb/s

would this be normal speeds?
    My signal strength says 54 Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

That's about the best you'll get on a 3Megabit line.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    That's about the best you'll get on a 3Megabit line.

yeah i'd think so too. Well the speed is back to normal anyways so everything sound again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well here is mine: I'm with BT by the way and its constant too, never dips

336668050.png

Well here is mine: I'm with BT by the way and its constant too, never dips

336668050.png

Man thats double the speed!! :eek:
    and i thought i had fast download speeds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭96offsuit

since i got rid of bluetooth starting up each time i turn on my laptop, how do i go about using the bluetooth again? I just tried to bluetooth a photo to my phone like I always did and it just says "bluetooth device not working". How do I turn it back on whenever I want to use it?

96offsuit wrote: »
    since i got rid of bluetooth starting up each time i turn on my laptop, how do i go about using the bluetooth again? I just tried to bluetooth a photo to my phone like I always did and it just says "bluetooth device not working". How do I turn it back on whenever I want to use it?

Have you looked in the Control Panel to see if there is a relevant icon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭96offsuit

Have you looked in the Control Panel to see if there is a relevant icon?

yeah...just bluetooth config. have went through it and still can't receive or send any bluetooth. The bluetooth light is lit up on laptop though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sorry for jumping in but thanks guys for this thread. Really good stuff. Helped me out no end and its nice to learn something new!

Sorry for jumping in but thanks guys for this thread. Really good stuff. Helped me out no end and its nice to learn something new!

Cheers for the kind words. There are many good folk here willing to help out.
    Its all a learning process. I still make mistakes and have to learn some things even now.

• Advertisement

96offsuit wrote: »
    yeah...just bluetooth config. have went through it and still can't receive or send any bluetooth. The bluetooth light is lit up on laptop though.

If you can't find it, do as I suggested (previously) for listing running applications and untick the application for Bluetooth.
    Also see in that list if it has a saved (on your hard-disk) location mentioned.
    Look in there and see if there is an item you can click on to start it up or turn it off.

Its just a case then of creating a shortcut on your desktop (or elsewhere) to use it later too.

Advertisement