Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need repair of damaged of natural gas pipeline (domestic side)).

• 29-10-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

I damaged a yellow gas pipe (QUAL GAS pex 32mm) in a garden with a pickaxe and at my wits end to get it repaired. The pipe is not in use but don’t want to cover it over as the area is being concreted. Tried 6 RGI installers and 3 came back they could not do it and Bord Gais offered no solution. I have a suggestion of it being plastic welded as the solution other of a stent being installed but nothing definite. In the meantime it’s holding up concreting the area. Surely there should be public available info on this as it could be very well a live gas pipe line and people needing it. Cork City area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Contact your home insurance Co. and the should organise repair.

Give Border gas another ring. Even though it's your pipe on your property, they installed it ( meter to front of house ) and have capability and fittings to repair it. Domestic plumber do not have the melt/heat on fittings.
    BMD and other BORD GAS Cork subcontractor do. Tell them you talk to Joe on RTE !! ( sometimes works )

There use to be a compression castiron fitting available years ago for yellow pipe, but I'm not sure if their allowed or used nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

Tks for the reply but from Bord Gais it’s not good enough. I’m sure it’s a regular occurrence domestic gas lines being damaged and there should be information and services available to repair them. After 5 days I still await from BG assistance other than the standard reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dfin

If you do get someone to repair how would they test it? If it's not holding the pressure test it then how would you find the leak? It could be damaged anywhere else along the line. My best guess is that it's not your problem. If at some point in the future the line is going to be used it will need testing and if it's important enough they will locate your leak and repair.

Strange one really but you never know what you will find when digging, it could even be an off cut of pipe left over and just buried. If it's not live gas line then I can't really see much to worry about especially as you have brought it to the attention of Bord Gais Networks and they are not bothered

Advertisement