Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT ON DAMAGED VEHICLE

Options
  • 20-08-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

traded in for a gt tdi arl golf, very clean body, but was rallied to death so i'm changing the engine, all bushings, trods and more...

its a 03, vrt want 650 for it, which is ok if the car was 100%...

was told to try and vrt it as damaged vehicle, can someone tell me if it is possible or not? garage where engine is being put in at the moment is registered and said they will sign all the papers necessary

please, any advice will be hugely appreciated, i searched google but didn't find much there:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,340 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's full price same as if it was undamaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

You can lodge an appeal within 7 days of payment.... You will need reciepts for parts and labour... Normally 3 out of five appeals are ammended

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Constant Curiosity

You can lodge an appeal within 7 days of payment.... You will need reciepts for parts and labour... Normally 3 out of five appeals are ammended

thanks you! i heard of that but couldn't find anything on it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You have to pay the VRT first and then you lodge the appeal.

Being honest I don't think Revenue differentiate a damaged car from a working car when it comes to VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They don't differentiate because years ago people were putting smashed bumpers and headlights on and vrting them at a lower rate, then once they were cleared they refitted the good parts and it was all good.
    Revenue doesn't like being fooled and everyone suffers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Revenue doesn't like being fooled and everyone suffers.

If the tax and the rules surrounding it weren't ridiculous in the first place :rolleyes:

Advertisement