Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

which car?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Looking to change my car there in a while and was hoping to pick up either an 2008/2009 Audi A4 2.5 tdi quattro or an 2008/2009 A4 2.0tdi quattro. I was thinking of looking in the UK for a model because I want to get the car hi speced with all the extras. My last car an Audi A4 2000 1.9 tdi 115BHP was imported in from England and I was very happy with it. But I would like more power in my new car. Any advice between the two models that I have selected?

I was also thinking of a 3 series BMW coupe 320d (2008 model) initally but from reading alot of stuff here and and people I know who had them, they seem to be trouble so not sure if I want that hassle but maybe someone can fill me in if its a good buy or not? Im also taking into consideration that BMWs are absolute useless in icy conditions worse than FWD cars so I just dont know if I should be looking into this option or not?

suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Typical motors answer: They are all underpowered.

You need the BMW 750il

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Personally, i'd go for a 2007 BMW (cheaper, and i'd expect it to be more reliable) and a good set of winter tyres. Last year BMW dealers were offering a set of wheels with winter tyres for ca €850.

Advertisement