Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferrari revels 458 Spider

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ferrari lovers, its your big day.
    Ferrari has just revealed a convertible version of its 458 Italia and it's got a tin top for a change!
    And this is what it looks like:
    670x377Imae.jpg?p=110823_10:58
    670x37Image.jpg?p=110823_10:58

More about it here:
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/458-spider-2011-08-23

Cool. Off topic, how's your Puma?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Its running fine, thanks for asking.
    Drove around 700miles in it last month on a weekend trip to Kerry and didn't give a single problem throughout. Its just around 400miles short of hitting the 80k miles mark (was around 69k miles when I got it last year). I'ld say it should be good for another 10k miles easily. So as it keeps going longer without disintegration, I'm pretty pleased with it. I didn't think it'ld last this long when I first got it but the little Puma keeps going.

Only problem is you've got to start it atleast once a week or something drains out the battery so if you don't start the car in a week, the battery goes completely flat and you'll then need to jump start it. Its pretty much its only problem. Also got to keep topping up the oil every 700-800 miles. Which is an improvement cuz before it used to run out of oil after just 500-600miles. Maybe the cheap Halfords oil is doing the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Looks good
    I wonder how many of them will caught fire though...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boyler07

I'd buy that one, much quicker to get out when it catches on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Another poser mobile imo. And you can no longer see the V8 through a glass screen!!

The hard top on the other hand is sublime. By far the best car I've ever had the pleasure to drive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mr.David wrote: »
    Another poser mobile imo. And you can no longer see the V8 through a glass screen!!

The hard top on the other hand is sublime. By far the best car I've ever had the pleasure to drive.

I have to agree, im not a fan of it. Much prefer the regular 458.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Paarse Krokodil

Looks like a Lotus Elise / Tesla Roadster rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

the lotus elise is dog ugly compared to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Looks like a Lotus Elise / Tesla Roadster rip off
    Should have gone to spec savers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

So silly to put a heavy metal roof on what is supposed to be a performance car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

VolvoMan wrote: »
    So silly to put a heavy metal roof on what is supposed to be a performance car.

Its only 50kg heavier than the coupé not too much of a compromise.

Advertisement