Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance question

Options
  • 23-08-2011 4:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I've recently bought a car and I'm wondering if anybody would be able to suggest a possible weekly and annual car insurance rate?

(a) I am a 25 year old male.

(b) The car I bought was only €500, second hand from a dealer - but is in good condition.

(c) Mileage is 105,000

(d) Engine size is 2.3

(e) It had 3 previous owners

(f) The car is an Audi.

(g) I am currently a student.

(e) Looking for cheapest insurance premium possible.

I'm wondering if anybody could help suggest how much I would be paying in insurance every week? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Clomail wrote: »
    I've recently bought a car and I'm wondering if anybody would be able to suggest a possible weekly and annual car insurance rate?

(b) The car I bought was only €500, second hand from a dealer - but is in good condition.

(c) Mileage is 105,000

(d) Engine size is 2.3

(f) The car is an Audi.

I'm wondering if anybody could help suggest how much I would be paying in insurance every week? Thank you.

Seriously?

Have you tried getting any quotes online yet?
    Go ring as many insurance companies as you can tomorrow and look for the best value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

(c) Mileage is 105,000

(d) Engine size is 2.3

(f) The car is an Audi.

Ehhhhh. Get the bus. You don't have drive and Insurance is already included. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nobody here can give you a figure as there are too many variables involved for anyone to even give a ball park figure. You will need to ring around various brokers and insurance companies. I suggest getting out the goldenpages and start there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If its your first insurance and you have a provisional licence you could be looking at well over a grand however as the above posters have said,you will need to contact companies directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

You bought a car before you checked insurance?

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Excuse my earlier post. It was early.
    See below

(a) I am a 25 year old male. Relevant

(b) The car I bought was only €500, second hand from a dealer - but is in good condition. Not Relevant

(c) Mileage is 105,000 Not Relevant

(d) Engine size is 2.3 Big car Relevant

(e) It had 3 previous owners Not Relevant

(f) The car is an Audi. Relevant - A?

(g) I am currently a student. Relevant

(e) Looking for cheapest insurance premium possible. Aren't we all.

Call some Insurance Companies to get a quote. I am assuming you have no experience and if that is the case then you are going to be crucified on a 2.3 Audi.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,898 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

(c) Mileage is 105,000

(d) Engine size is 2.3

(f) The car is an Audi.

I suggest it could be a fair bit per week. Hope you've figured in the €17.21/week for motortax?

No company does weekly payment plans, most have monthly options which cost more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

2.3 litre car? I hope to god it's not your first insurance. My bro is 30 first insurance . He is driving a 1.2 ltr Opel corsa 02 1600 fully comp.

Your best bet ring a few brokers and they will give you a general price

Good luck:D

Advertisement