Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True, but ridiculously hard to believe.

Options
  • 06-07-2009 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

What are your true stories of things that have happened to you, that people find ridiculous and refuse to believe?

One of mine is being crushed by a bouncing castle.

A few friends and I decided it would be a good idea to take the pegs out of it, and try and get it to raise off the ground.

Plan was, some people would stay on and run to the back of it, while some of us would stay off and push it further into the air.

However, the bouncing castle didn't stay up in the air for long, my friends managed to escape from underneath it, but I got trapped.

Looked up to find this massive bouncing castle waiting to attack me! :eek:

Got completely flattened by the thing, with around 10 full-grown people on it.

Took about a minute for them to get me out, couldn't breathe!

Came out covered in mud, from being squished into the ground.

No one believes it happened, bar the people who were there!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Yeh right that happened. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What are your true stories of things that have happened to you, that people find ridiculous and refuse to believe?

One of mine is being crushed by a bouncing castle.

A few friends and I decided it would be a good idea to take the pegs out of it, and try and get it to raise off the ground.

Plan was, some people would stay on and run to the back of it, while some of us would stay off and push it further into the air.

However, the bouncing castle didn't stay up in the air for long, my friends managed to escape from underneath it, but I got trapped.

Looked up to find this massive bouncing castle waiting to attack me! :eek:

Got completely flattened by the thing, with around 10 full-grown people on it.

Took about a minute for them to get me out, couldn't breathe!

Came out covered in mud, from being squished into the ground.

No one believes it happened, bar the people who were there!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I managed to jump on top of a moving car a few years back. I jumped off a wall into a car park chasing a friend(stupid I know). The car pretty much connected with my hips, I went head first over the bonnet and travelled a suprising distance in the air.

Got up and said sorry to them etc. Being the stupid young teenager I was I didn't stay for long, she was more suprised that I got up and walked over to her then she was about the actual hit.

What ever way I tell people the story they find it hard to believe that I accidentally jumped onto a moving car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

when i say i support an irish team, people seem perplexed(irish people that is) even though its true these idiots find it ridiculously hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

when i say i support an irish team, people seem perplexed(irish people that is) even though its true these idiots find it ridiculously hard to believe.

I thought loads of people support Celtic?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Whenever I start feeling sick,
    I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This thread gave me a massive throbbing boner.

True story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I was on a beach in turkey and there were some local lads kicking a football around.
    The ball landed near me and they asked me to kick it back to them,i'm no footballer so i kicked the thing as hard as i could and it went flying into the air,came down several seconds later and scored a direct hit on some bloke basking on a lilo maybe 100 yards out.
    The ball hit him in the belly and he just sort of folded into the water..i couldnt do that if i wanted to!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Does anyone remember that kids show "News2day" that was on RTE2 about five years ago? Well, when I was sixteen I emailed that show pretending to be an avid five-year-old viewer named "Mike Hunt." You couldn't imagine my glee when the female presenter of the show read it out a couple of days afterwards.

When I went into school the next day, nobody had seen the show in question (probably because they had lives) and when I told my friends what happened, they didn't believe me. :( It was quite frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

When I was 3 and a half I fell off a 2.5 metre high wall and landed on my head on concrete. I ran in screaming to my mother but she insisted it hadn't happened because I'd be dead. I remember it though, and today I can only put it down to children being bouncy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 niclos

feel unbelievable:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Where the hell is Biggins when you need him?

When I was 3 and a half I fell off a 2.5 metre high wall and landed on my head on concrete. I ran in screaming to my mother but she insisted it hadn't happened because I'd be dead. I remember it though, and today I can only put it down to children being bouncy.

that's crazy.. do you feel slightly stupid or anythin? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Went on the London Eye a few years back with a band who were massive at the time, Liberty X.. stayed in a 5star hotel, met a load of famous people.

No one believed me :( *cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I was with a girl a couple of years ago, she was a failed glamour model wannabe.
    Anywho, some time ago I spotted her posing naked in Nuts magazine.

So of course I had to strategically place the magazine (open on that page) on the coffee table in the rec area at work.
    Setting myself up nicely for some shameless bragging.

Obviously nobody believed me and I just ended up looking like an idiot. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

When I was just a nephew, I got accidently locked into a compound with some geese and a gander. The second I realised I had locked myself in I swung around with my back to the fence I could see the gander running full speed at me, wings flapping low, neck outsetrtched, beak opened wide and the screeching was piercing. His head was at the same level as mine so I knew I had one hell of a fight ahead. It was two hours before my uncle came home, he said I had cuts all over, a bruised eye and feathers sticking out of my mouth. I'm afraid the gander was no more, well it was him or me, he was flapping his wings so hard I had to catch both with my hands, which only left my mouth to choke him with. I can still smell his grey neck feathers.

When I was just a nephew

What did you evolve into?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Obviously nobody believed me and I just ended up looking like an idiot. :(

is that because they realised you read nuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 lil'bluestar

Few people seem to believe me when I first tell them this story but they usually do after a while.
    Soon after the luas red line had been built, I wasn't quite used to them. I was crossing the line at a particular stop, they were two luas' coming at the same time but I didn't realise I could just hear the bells.
    I looked one way as the luas was coming up towards and totally missed the one coming down in the opposite direction.
    I stepped straight out in front of it, the front edge of it hit me and knocked me back onto the pavement. I wasn't seriously injured just some bumps, bruises and a bit of a dodgy shoulder. It was more the embarassment really but alot of people think I'm just making it up!
    True story :) even a luas couldn't beat me! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

True story :) even a luas couldn't be me! :pac:

Was it on the Blue Star Line...?:D

I'll get my coat.....

bleg wrote: »
    is that because they realised you read nuts?

I don't think read is the right word.
    In my defence it was an out of date copy that was lying around at work. :)

Was it on the Blue Star Line...?:D

I'll get my coat.....

Yes the blue star line of my imagination or so some people think! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I used to be black. Then I decided I would try white out and see what I thought of it. I used to have a few very well known songs and danced alot. I got bored with that and rubbed up a few kids. I died a while back but still post on some sites pretending to be 7 and looking for love.

Soon after the luas red line had been built, I wasn't quite used to them.

What's to get used to?
    It's a feckin train.
    If it's moving towards you, you get the hell out of it's way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 captainautumn

About a year ago I was in the local playground in Portarlington with my children. There were some older kids messing around with a rugby ball on the basketball court. I was standing about ten meters off the court when the rugby ball was thrown in my direction. I was about to kick it back when I got this moment of clarity. Wouldn't it be cool, I thought, If I drop-kicked this rugby ball straight through the hoop.

I eyed up the target, a good 15 meters away, the kids paused, I guess they knew what I was attempting to do. I connected sweetly, everything went strangely quite and time seemed to stand still as the ball rose gently and dropped sweetly in the hoop without even touching the rim of the basket. The kids stared at me gobsmacked.:eek: I really wanted to run around the park like I'd just scored the winning goal for Ireland in the World Cup but I'm nearly forty now, with three young children and I can't be doing things like that anymore. So I just turned and walked slowly away like I knew this was going to happen. Secretly I felt like Keith Barry the evening he scared the knickers off Kathryn Thomas when he pulled the 'driving whilst blindfolded trick', as he walked noncholantly away. :cool:

I have never played rugby in my life.

What's to get used to?
    It's a feckin train.
    If it's moving towards you, you get the hell out of it's way.

I know that now :) I'm just a bit of a slow learner! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gourgette

I was gobsmacked on the DART by a businessman at about 8 in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

What did you evolve into?

A Snorlax.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

brummytom wrote: »
    Liberty X

No one believed me :( *cries*

They were just embarrassed for you :D

Advertisement