Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WCW - First Test of The Season - Loughrea

• 05-02-2014 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

Lads - Anybody for taking this race on ? See how good your winter training was or wasn't......! Same route as last year ! Good race and the weather was perfect for it !

Details
    http://www.westcoastwheelers.com/race

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

Lads - Anybody for taking this race on ? See how good your winter training was or wasn't......! Same route as last year ! Good race and the weather was perfect for it !

Details

Just read the link. Am I right in saying there are only points for the first 6 in the A1/A2A3? Is that the first 6 overall or first 6 A1/2 and first 6 A3? Not that I'll be claiming any of them!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭XtotheZ

Tough race!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

Details

Did it last year, doin it this year!
    Missed the split in the A4 group last year near the top of the hill - some mug was passing a bidon and crashed taking down a good few.
    Good course, good hill, really tough rolling roads for a while after hill too, slight rise to finish line too which is good and it's wide.
    See you there.

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    Did it last year, doin it this year!
    Missed the split in the A4 group last year near the top of the hill - some mug was passing a bidon and crashed taking down a good few.
    Good course, good hill, really tough rolling roads for a while after hill too, slight rise to finish line too which is good and it's wide.
    See you there.

I think the rolling roads after the hill are harder than the hill itself, nice long drag though.

XtotheZ wrote: »
    I think the rolling roads after the hill are harder than the hill itself, nice long drag though.

Now that 'The Ned' is outta the way I think we can talk about this :p
    Hopefully the weather will be like last year! My first test of the season - prob same for most...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

Course checked and marked on Saturday. One spot of flooding which is partially coming onto the road, will hopefully have receeded by the weekend.
    Will be checked again this Saturday.

For the A1/2/3 race it'll be first 6 over the line. There's a decent handicap for the A3s and in previous years we've had A3s split up the A1/2 placings.

Now that 'The Ned' is outta the way I think we can talk about this :p
    Hopefully the weather will be like last year! My first test of the season - prob same for most...

First real test for me. I got the two Connacht Training races into the legs. Nothing like Echelons from far side of the hardshoulder to the center line :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

We have a few minor jobs to complete on Saturday morning and a quick ring around to do. Final route ride around as well

Start has been changed slightly from last year so no tipping off early from Temperance Hall as you will get lost. Roll out will take place about 11:40. We will pull up and regroup for about 5 mins max. No Pissing or dumping litter at the regroup as this will lead to instant exclusion You have been warned

We did have this problem last year and it lead to a lot of complaints from local residents - and rightly so ..

If you are marshalling/helping out be at the Temperance Hall for 10 to pick up your instruction pack and get a final line up.

Sinead has increased the production order for her own Carrot cake by 25% to ensure everyone gets fed - Thanks Sinead !

I will be about so come and say Hello..!

Roll on Sunday Eve 4pm when it will all be over.............!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

Never did this before so just wondering is there a profile showing the goddam hills so I can pick the spot I get dropped and take bets????

Smalltom wrote: »
    Never did this before so just wondering is there a profile showing the goddam hills so I can pick the spot I get dropped and take bets????

http://www.strava.com/activities/42232325

Mine from last year. The speeds are irrelevant because I was out the back over the top of the first major climb but the profile is good. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

Thanks to all who turned up today. Top 8 from each race and a short report from the A1/2/3 race is up.
    http://www.westcoastwheelers.com/2014-open-race-results

Tough day for the A3s given the size of the following A1/2 group and the strong winds.

Photos tomorrow. One man down in the A3 bunch, who was shook and a bit dazed but fine otherwise.

Who cares about the race, that carrot cake is amaze balls.

Who cares about the race, that carrot cake is amaze balls.

+1 on the carrot cake.

Great event, well marshalled, lovely tough route. I managed 13th, 4th in the bunch after leading my teammate out and after the 9 up the road. In fairness though the bunch were so shattered no one really cared anymore as my face shows on the right DSC_7512.JPG
    It was flat out from once we hit the first climb until the break got clear, very hard racing. The wind didnt make it much easier

The lad that crashed is from my club, he was taken to hospital but got out at around 5 or 6. God knows how he managed to crash by himself.

Allround great event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

Its a right tester but ive trained on it so many times im conquering it, still didnt take the koh which i was hoping too. Next year shur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Sorry for not posting this last week but Thanks a Million to all you lads who took part - It was a good tight safe race which was all down to yourselves. As I said before anybody that is able to take his own cycling shoes off at the end of a race has had a good day !

I was out doing Lead Car 2 for the A4 race so we all got first stab at the sambos and cake...

A big Thanks to our club members who were out in force (They were strictly prohibited from entering if the truth be known ...!) to make sure the event went as smoothly as possible. It was a team effort and it goes to show just what can be done if everybody does a wee bit !

Hopefully we see you all again next year ...!

DJC

Advertisement