Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

transit engine problem

Options
  • 19-02-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

looking at a late 2006 new model transit 2.2 diesel yesterday with 97k miles, UK van,.
    has a problem with an injector he says and its smokey too,
    van starts and drives ok..
    would this be a big problem to sort or would it just be the matter of fitting new injector

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

OP, I would imagine with the volume of 06 Trannies for sale at the moment, there's no need to be stuck with one with obvious problems from the getgo.
    That dodgy injector could be indicative of other expensive problems lurking in the background.

As for replacing the injector itself, well here's a recon one just to give you an idea og parts prices;

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/FORD-TRANSIT-MK7-2-2-2-4-TDCi-DENSO-INJECTOR-RECONDITIONED-2006-ON-6C1Q-9K546-AC-/230925473397?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c43b1675#ht_2385wt_902

Just looking there,if this one is a Mark 7 Transit, it has the high pressure common rail diesel engine, and by all accounts,these do not like washed diesel.

Not saying this is the genesis of the problem in the case of this particular van, but food for thought nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭2pack

thanks, so if say it was caused by washed diesel, maybe it means changing all injectors,(at some stage) fuel pump etc..am i right?
    anyway van price is 1550stg, sounds cheap but hard to know,

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

If it is a injector gone it could be just an single injector fault or it could be a failing pump which will lead to pump. all 4 injectors and a full fuel system clean

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭2pack

and i assume these engine are completely different to the older model then too

• Advertisement

2pack wrote: »
    and i assume these engine are completely different to the older model then too

You would be right- the Mk7 that arrived in 06 has the high pressure common rail diesel engine in it.
    As discussed here before, this type of engine does not like washed OR dirty diesel, whereas the likes of the old ford TDDI engines were quite a bit more forgiving.

Advertisement