Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JOHN KELLY LIVE TEMPLE THEATRE

• 14-10-2011 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Anyone got John Kelly lve from Temple Theatre the night he played with Alex P in 1999 great night i had this on tape but lost at a party i know its a long shot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I think i may have been at this as well:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I was definitely at this,amazing night.
    I remember it a lot clearer than I probably should considering the state I was in :)

Actually had planned to leave when Alex P came on as we didn't think much of him,we were up getting our jackets and he was banging them out so we gave our jackets back and went down for more.

Kelly's set was excellent.
    One thing that stood out was he kept bringing in a vocal from another tune into the breakdown of Agnelli + Nelson Everday
    Don't know what the vocal was from but I think it said "can you feel it"

I'd love to get a listen to it again,some great memories.
    Also if anyone has Simon Paul (lost witness) set from the temple,another super set,damn I miss them nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Think I have them both on tape will have to check and see if I still do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

ollie1 wrote: »
    Any chance you could upload them somewhere if you do???

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

ollie1 wrote: »

good man ollie think i have JOHN KELLY from the night he played with ARIEL ill convert as soon as i can

found and on the U/L

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I was definitely at this,amazing night.
    I remember it a lot clearer than I probably should considering the state I was in :)

Actually had planned to leave when Alex P came on as we didn't think much of him,we were up getting our jackets and he was banging them out so we gave our jackets back and went down for more.

Kelly's set was excellent.
    One thing that stood out was he kept bringing in a vocal from another tune into the breakdown of Agnelli + Nelson Everday
    Don't know what the vocal was from but I think it said "can you feel it"

I'd love to get a listen to it again,some great memories.
    Also if anyone has Simon Paul (lost witness) set from the temple,another super set,damn I miss them nights.

the CAN U FEEL IT ur talkin about John still uses this sound sample to this day

paul simons set was god was there that night ill dig out a box of tapes i have in me mothers see wat i have

http://www.mediafire.com/?bi58nlxl7hbbfd4

john kelly live in the temple wen ARIEL supported him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I have loads of tapes from the Temple just have to convert them to mp3. Will have a look and see what I have.

Advertisement