Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else feeling like giving up out there in that weather today?

Options
  • 02-03-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Dont give up, be awesome.

Felt like a very wet boiled ****e out there today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

Briando wrote: »

My last 15km were in a driving rain. I was buzzing when I got home. Am I alone in deriving a sadistic pleasure in riding in those conditions :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

3hrs in the rain, nothing keeps you dry in that, so I was nicely marinated by the time I got back - and feckin cold too. Even a hot shower failed to wake my toes up fully.

Still, bad day on the bike better than a good day working..........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Was tough going alright,thankfully all the climbing was done before the heavy rain came.. Glad to get in the doors and get a hot shower with a big mug of coffee after it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I did at one point. I had just left the house when the rain hit. Now I know why some of you guys wear surgical gloves under your bike gloves. I was drenched by the time I got to Dun laoghaire.

Persevered though and managed another 40km to do my first ever 60km ride.
    Diggabot wrote: »
    Am I alone in deriving a sadistic pleasure in riding in those conditions :-)

I tend to love cycling in the rain but today was just grey, dull and miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

6 hours cycling today. The first 2 hours were absolutely beautiful.

Then it became a world of ****!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

quozl wrote: »
    6 hours cycling today. The first 2 hours were absolutely beautiful.

Then it became a world of ****!

6 hours??? Did every traffic light on your route malfunction or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

6 hours??? Did every traffic light on your route malfunction or something?

I'm just stupid and decided to do a long spin today as the weather forecast said it was going to be OK. They lied.

Out at 7:20am and it was gorgeous, sunny and not a breath of wind. It peaked in misery around 10:30am but I was far from home by then so no option to give up. I was actually shivering thanks to being soaked through and moderate wind :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Well my motivation is I have missed pretty much three weeks of training due to flu which frustrated me, so I'm back now and unless its snowing or we get hurricanes I won't be giving up too easy to rainy weather. I don't mind the rain once I have warmed up properly before the downpours.

Advertisement